Honored Contributor

Re: Dressing Your Age. Whaaaa?

I dress in what I would call "me-appropriate".  

Esteemed Contributor

Yes.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Trusted Contributor

i always go for dressy casual, and clean classic lines. therefore in my opinion, i'm never inappropriately dressed. i know what doesn't look good on me, so i don't push it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm

Shoptiques Product: Olive Camo Jacket - Front cropped This isn't me. LOL. This is the model.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Mentioned yesterday, Watching D&C there was a top elbow sleeve. Clicked online horrid fabric and model though young and thin top made her look larger and older. Top itself, Style classic! But that's not enough. Clothes need proper detail and most importantly! Fabric and cut. Don't understand why not? Update fresh. 💁
Honored Contributor

Clearly, in this country we are free to dress as we please - however, remember those pictures of the ways some people are dressed at Walmart? They are also dressed as they please and they think they are expressing their right to wear what ever makes them happy. Whenever this subject comes up here on the boards and someone just has to go off on a tangent about wearing whatever -- my mind always goes to those Walmart people pictures.

Honored Contributor

I am a person who carries weight around my middle - much thanks to prednisone - and hips so I can absolutely never wear skinny anything. My pants MUST be straight legs and my capris can't be those ones that are slim at the bottom, as that would really emphasize my rotund middle.However, on this board I frequently hear posters malign anyone who would wear capris that are loose at the bottom as being oh so dowdy and passe' and matronly etc etc etc. Why can't some women understand that not everyone has the same body to dress and that we all have to do that which is best looking for us, even though it may not be the current trend? Isn't it sad that these posters have to say such ugly things to make someone else feel bad? 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't believe in such a thing as dressing for your age.  Some of us might be surprised to find that others might not think we look so great.  No matter what anyone wears there will always be critics who think they know best!!  While I often think what others are wearing looks not so good or ages them but that's just what I think and as long as anyone likes and is comfortable wearing what they like not anyone's business!!   

Esteemed Contributor

Some days I dress for my 69-year-old body.  Some days I dress for my still in my 40s mind.  Mostly I dress in what will be comfortable for the day.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Pook  Best post on the thread.