Honored Contributor

For me stress is all about life events and situations, drama is about how you react to those events and if you make them all about you or not. No doubt about it whatsoever-there are people in this world who thrive on drama, who will create it in order to get attention or whatever other motivations they have.

Unfortunately  I have tons of drama in my family, all from males who are just  selfish and self centered and verbally and emotionally abusive. Nothing anti male at all, it's just my reality. Last year it was all happening when my mother was very ill, they couldn't even stop doing it because of that. It's just toxic. A professional helped me figure out the dynamics behind it all, honestly I had figured out much of it on my own already.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@dex

I have an appointment with the Advanced Wound Center tomorrow. Right now I want them to exactly how this crazy nasty wound looks as it is now.

It is in a spot on my backside, that even with a mirror, I cannot see it. It is in between the first piece of skin you see when "Joe the Plumber" bends over. Both sides of the skin between this area have these wounds.

My doctor says they are some type of ulceration and I have been treating it with different topical things for over a month now, and it is no better. Bear in mind that when a person sits/bends over, or even leans to far in 1 direction, the skin in that area expands.

When it feels like it might be healing and I sit down wrong? It is actually ripping the top layer of my skin from the wounds on both sides of "crease", you know where.

I appreciate your input, but right now I am hoping that visit tomorrow will, at the very least, feel like it mighr heal. About the time it feels somewhat less painful, I go to sit down, or get up from sitting, and "rrrripp", same 2 scabs ripping the top layer of skin right off that area.

Thank you again for your concern and offering your possible solution. Since I can't see it, my wife has been stuck with doing all the treating in the area. Will let you know what I learn after my visit tommorrow.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut John can you buy an inflatable donut at the drug store to lift your bottom up so you aren't setting on it? I used one after the birth of my son for obvious reasons.I was a lot more comfortable You might be too

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@hckynut John can you buy an inflatable donut at the drug store to lift your bottom up so you aren't setting on it? I used one after the birth of my son for obvious reasons.I was a lot more comfortable You might be too

Hi @cherry,

That was the first thing I did when this whole episode started. I have bought 3 differenr types and 3 different sizes and 2 of the actually put more pressure on the wound area.

This 2 edged wound expands beyond the width of the hole in all of those donut holes, thus the pressure points on the wound. I have been the prep-h route, and these wounds are completely different. With the prep issue, the skin does not expand, or if it does, it is not ripping off any top layer skin.

Really appreciate your trying to help me, and my wife of course, with your suggestion. That, I too thought would be part of the solution, but no such luck. My doctor also suggested that, but I told him I had already tried that method with no luck.

Thanks again cherry,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@cherry wrote:

Hi @cherry,

That was the first thing I did when this whole episode started. I have bought 3 differenr types and 3 different sizes and 2 of the actually put more pressure on the wound area.

This 2 edged wound expands beyond the width of the hole in all of those donut holes, thus the pressure points on the wound. I have been the prep-h route, and these wounds are completely different. With the prep issue, the skin does not expand, or if it does, it is not ripping off any top layer skin.

Really appreciate your trying to help me, and my wife of course, with your suggestion. That, I too thought would be part of the solution, but no such luck. My doctor also suggested that, but I told him I had already tried that method with no luck.

Thanks again cherry,

hckynut(john)

Lets us know how you make out. You both are in my prayers. Tomorrow will help you a great deal. Help is on the way

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@dex

I have an appointment with the Advanced Wound Center tomorrow. Right now I want them to exactly how this crazy nasty wound looks as it is now.

It is in a spot on my backside, that even with a mirror, I cannot see it. It is in between the first piece of skin you see when "Joe the Plumber" bends over. Both sides of the skin between this area have these wounds.

My doctor says they are some type of ulceration and I have been treating it with different topical things for over a month now, and it is no better. Bear in mind that when a person sits/bends over, or even leans to far in 1 direction, the skin in that area expands.

When it feels like it might be healing and I sit down wrong? It is actually ripping the top layer of my skin from the wounds on both sides of "crease", you know where.

I appreciate your input, but right now I am hoping that visit tomorrow will, at the very least, feel like it mighr heal. About the time it feels somewhat less painful, I go to sit down, or get up from sitting, and "rrrripp", same 2 scabs ripping the top layer of skin right off that area.

Thank you again for your concern and offering your possible solution. Since I can't see it, my wife has been stuck with doing all the treating in the area. Will let you know what I learn after my visit tommorrow.

hckynut(john)

John, have you had blood work done lately? Your immune system sounds like it is down. I also think having circulatory issues after a heart attack can cause wounds not to heal. Also ramp up your protein intake..

I will say a prayer that this will be resolved quickly. Keep us posted.

Honored Contributor

@hckynut I know this is not funny but the way you put it gave me a giggle.I really hope you can get that healed soon.Maybe until then if you put some coconut oil on it the ripping could lessen.I will watch for your results after the doc takes a look...

Honored Contributor

I don't do drama.  I just don't.  I never had kids, so I never dealt with the kid drama.  But adult drama is probably worse, anyway.  Smiley Wink   When that starts, I move on.  hehe

Esteemed Contributor
Hi John, sounds like you are describing a decubitus ulcer.
If so, you'll have to keep all pressure off of it. I know that means "acrobatic sitting" and a niteshirt, but you must avoid chafing or contaminating the wound. Decubiti are difficult and slow to heal.
Increase your protein intake and have protein coming into your body every few hours, not just meals. A liquid food supplement like Ensure Plus is helpful. Stay well hydrated and follow your Dr's advice. Good luck.
Honored Contributor

I have no children so very little drama in my life. Other than family I don't let toxic people into my life but we can't choose our family can we? I have stepchildren but they live in England so I only hear from them what they want me to hear - which is only the good things. We kinda live a "ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies " type of relationship.