Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

I find this discussion interesting.

Everyone has some stress/issue in life and I'm going to stir the pot by saying nobody has ever NOT complained at some point in his/her life.  Either here or in RL.

I'm not talking about over-the-top complaining and hyperbole but be honest - we all have a level of acceptance that topples over when things get rough.

In all fairness some folks have learned their behaviors early on in life and some may not even be aware of the depth of the drama they are demonstrating.

So yes,  the drama queens are annoying if their songs and dances are constantly repetitive but I wouldn't be so quick to jump on a person for expressing frustration over a current hardship.

After all, someday it could be your "drama" too.

I haven't really seen anyone try to define "drama" behavior in the thread, or describe it in terms of vents, complaints, etc.

It's been my assumption throughout the thread that "drama" to most people is carrying on for personal benefit and attention. Those who are self-centered and can't let it go - and repeat this as a pattern in their life.

I haven't seen an indication that a stress meltdown about an issue automatically was labeled as drama. Perhaps some people do define it that way; it wouldn't occur to me to do so.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

DramaQueen_768.png

a6354ea33908575fa1c4f1d8c46c396e.jpg

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

Not sure if this is drama as some would describe it, but it is for me. For over 6 weeks now myself/my wife and my doctor have been fighting a very painful wound that does not want to heal.

Next week I will be going to an Advanced Wound Care Center with hopes of them being able to get this wound to start to heal. It started strangely and it is in an area where it just seems to not heal. I have had so many injuries and wounds, but only 1 that comes even close to this one.

That 1 in particular was when I spilled boiling hot coffee into my lap. Had 2nd degree burns in much of my groin area, and it took over 6 months to begin to even heal. This one, while a bit different, is just as painful, but it is not even looking like it wants to heal.

Drama? Guess that is up to anyone that reads this, but I am aware of it every waking minute, and have even been awakened by it.

hckynut(john)

I wouldn't consider that drama at all. If you spoke about it constantly to everyone you know, moaned about your doctors to all and sundry, that kind of thing - THAT might be considered drama. But simply having a serious issue and dealing with it on your own the best you can - I don't see how anyone could consider that drama.

OTOH, there are people who refer to anything they don't want to have to take any trouble over as "drama", i.e. someone asks them to take them to a hospital appointment for outpatient surgery and they "don't want the drama" - when what they really mean is they don't want anything to do with being any type of responsible for someone else's welfare for an hour. They aren't warding off drama, they're just selfish. 

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

I find this discussion interesting.

Everyone has some stress/issue in life and I'm going to stir the pot by saying nobody has ever NOT complained at some point in his/her life.  Either here or in RL.

I'm not talking about over-the-top complaining and hyperbole but be honest - we all have a level of acceptance that topples over when things get rough.

In all fairness some folks have learned their behaviors early on in life and some may not even be aware of the depth of the drama they are demonstrating.

So yes,  the drama queens are annoying if their songs and dances are constantly repetitive but I wouldn't be so quick to jump on a person for expressing frustration over a current hardship.

After all, someday it could be your "drama" too.

I haven't really seen anyone try to define "drama" behavior in the thread, or describe it in terms of vents, complaints, etc.

It's been my assumption throughout the thread that "drama" to most people is carrying on for personal benefit and attention. Those who are self-centered and can't let it go - and repeat this as a pattern in their life.

I haven't seen an indication that a stress meltdown about an issue automatically was labeled as drama. Perhaps some people do define it that way; it wouldn't occur to me to do so.

@Moonchilde  Your perception is fine but mine is mine.  I'm only noting my own views.

As I said over the top complaining and repetitive songs and dances are one thing but you know as well as I that some folks have no empathy at all.

It's just a discussion, no right or wrong here. 

But just to stir a little more-some folks who disdain drama often cause it, too.

Just a discussion, not an accusation.  There is room for different schools of thought, I'm sure.   Hearts not withstanding.

*lol*

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I have four teenage daughters so yes, I have a lot of drama in my life. 

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3, I should have said so before, but I agree with you - everything that can and does go wrong isn't automatically drama.

Esteemed Contributor

Drama: Mary said that she saw Sally's husband at a restaurant with Sue. You then get on the phone and tell ten of your closest friends and then Sally calls you and asks why are you spreading rumors about her husband.

Drama:  Henry tells Phil that Agnes is a lush because he ex wife is a lush and he knows the signs.  You then start looking at Agnes with different eyes.

Stress:  Serious illness, home fire, parents with Alzheimers, traffic, high premiums, etc.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn,

Wishing you the best with wound care and a complete healing.  

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Are you a person with a lot of drama in your life, or very little to none? 

I have very little drama in my life now.    As a child I had a lot of drama inflicted by family members around me and which I had no control over.  Divorces, fighting, yelling etc.   As an adult I now CHOSE who and what I let into my life....no drama, no highs and lows...pretty even and steady sailing.  People who caused or now cause me angst I shut out of my life( including family members) so I can keep my life smooth and steady. I am in control and do not let others create my reality any more.  

I'm like Mary J. Blige No more Drama.  Family members kept it going.  I backed off and am virtually drama free.  

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

No, I have very little drama in my life. I have a stable family life and very little drama or fighting in my immediate family. I grew up in a stable environment with little to no fighting by loving parents and a loving brother and sister. I was 10 yrs younger than them so they treated me as their child almost. My sister and brother were very excited to have another sibling come along my mom and dad said. My mom would wake up in the morning and walk into my room and she said she would often find my brother or sister in my crib sleeping with me or wake up to find they had gotten me out of my crib and I would be cuddled up next to one of them in their beds. 

I have had dramatic periods of my life when I was younger. My daughters father was drama and I ended that shortly after she was born. 

I have several good friends who grew up in very difficult households surrounded by drama and chaos. Children like that usually grow up creating drama and chaos around them because that is what they are comfortable with and what they know. My friends who did grow up like that have done what they can to change that and get counseling to help them with it and most lead drama free stable lives now. I know that isn't easy and I admire them so much. They have done everything they can to provide stable, drama free homes for their kids.

I cannot take drama in my life at this point. Of course everyone has stress in their lives due to work and other things but that doesn't necessarily mean that is caused by drama. 

I like my life to be stable and serene. I love that my husband is the same. He is no drama whatsoever. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK