Esteemed Contributor

If drama is another word for stressful situations, then I feel like it comes and goes.  Since I retired there’s no more work drama.  I don’t miss that.  However, now I have the drama/stress of dealing with elderly relatives in need of help, beyond what I can do.

Honored Contributor
Waters are calm....captain of my ship.⛵
Esteemed Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

As little as possible.  The older I get, the less tolerant I am about people and their "issues."

Here is a quote I love by a facebook page, "Aunty Acid" 

Every time you feel yourself being pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat theses words...
"not my circus, not my monkeys"

@MyGirlsMom  Love the quote.  It made me laugh. I'll have to remember that one.  

Honored Contributor

I used to have a friend who thrived on drama, if none existed she would create it.It was exhausting, because she would always drag me into it. We are no longer friends  and I can't say that I'm sorry.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@cotton4me wrote:

If drama is another word for stressful situations, then I feel like it comes and goes.  Since I retired there’s no more work drama.  I don’t miss that.  However, now I have the drama/stress of dealing with elderly relatives in need of help, beyond what I can do.

I have never felt that drama is a synonym for stress. One can have all kinds of stress and just deal with it, no drama. Drama is created. It's a "Look at me!" 'Help me/do something for me! (Because I can't/don't want to put on my Big Girl Panties and just deal with it)."

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@cotton4me wrote:

I have never felt that drama is a synonym for stress. One can have all kinds of stress and just deal with it, no drama. Drama is created. It's a "Look at me!" 'Help me/do something for me! (Because I can't/don't want to put on my Big Girl Panties and just deal with it)."

@Moonchilde  Thanks for the explanation.  That makes sense.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have no drama in my life, since I retired.  There was always some sort of drama going on in the office when I was working, even though I tried my best not to get caught up in it.

My family is no drama also.  I remember when my niece's new husband's family started joining ours for Thanksgiving and his family members started bickering during dinner.  I was sitting next to his sister, and she turned to me and said, I can't believe your family doesn't fight, and I just thought to myself, I can't believe your family would come to someone else's home and fight at the Thanksgiving dinner table!  She was surprised the whole family could get together and not fight.  It really made me appreciate how my family gets along.

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

I remember Oprah back when saying she got rid of "toxic people" and learned how to say "no".   That's stayed in my head all these yrs.

ah ha moment. LOL

Easy for her to say; she doesn't have kids.  Some of us really don't want drama, but it's forced upon us because of our children whom we don't want to turn our backs on. 

Drama can be caused by many things, many people and many situations. Just because people don't have kids doesn't mean there is no drama. AND it is not easy to say. 

Honored Contributor

I don't have any drama as far as I know.I have some worries and stress but I don't call that drama....I think of drama as ridiculous actions and reactions ...am I right?

Honored Contributor

Image result for drama quotes images