Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

I think there's lots of drama on social media, FB especially.

I think FB was tailor-made for drama. I try to ignore it there as much as possible but it does make for ze eyeroll.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda

@esmerelda wrote:

People who like drama will find it, or create it if necessary.  It's like a drug to them.

They know no other way to live!   I also think some create their drama for attention!

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

I think FB was tailor-made for drama. I try to ignore it there as much as possible but it does make for ze eyeroll.

My fb page is drama free, I stay away from those who try to create drama. Except for a news site or two, basically my fb page is drama free. I don't share personal information and rarely post and when I do it's usually something uplifting such as my sister being in remission.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

My fb page is drama free, I stay away from those who try to create drama. Except for a news site or two, basically my fb page is drama free. I don't share personal information and rarely post and when I do it's usually something uplifting such as my sister being in remission.

As is mine.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I do think drama can be thrust upon you. Health problems ,a financial crisis, or the loss of someone dear ,are things we have little control over

We do have control over how we react to what comes our way.  There in lies the difference.

Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

Not sure if this is drama as some would describe it, but it is for me. For over 6 weeks now myself/my wife and my doctor have been fighting a very painful wound that does not want to heal.

Next week I will be going to an Advanced Wound Care Center with hopes of them being able to get this wound to start to heal. It started strangely and it is in an area where it just seems to not heal. I have had so many injuries and wounds, but only 1 that comes even close to this one.

That 1 in particular was when I spilled boiling hot coffee into my lap. Had 2nd degree burns in much of my groin area, and it took over 6 months to begin to even heal. This one, while a bit different, is just as painful, but it is not even looking like it wants to heal.

Drama? Guess that is up to anyone that reads this, but I am aware of it every waking minute, and have even been awakened by it.

hckynut(john)

Gosh hckynut - What kind of doctor are you going to?  Why is he dragging this out for 6 wks?  Are you taking an antibiotic besides the topical creams you are using? Was a scraping taken to see what strain your wound is?

You should have been given an antibiotic for one week.  If that didn't start helping, then maybe you should have gone to a dermatologist or be put in the hospital.  Surely with everyone you know who is a doctor - something should have been done besides fooling around with this for 6 wks.  This is a new one on me.

I hope you get this resolved somehow.  This should never have gone on this long.  I am surprised nobody else has mentioned this.  Maybe they like the drama?

Esteemed Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 Are your siblings still like that towards you?

Yeah @YorkieonmyPillow we are pretty close but not in the same way. They don't of course hide me in the dryer anymore when I get in trouble like they used to (for finger painting my bedroom green) I am too big to fit in there, lol. My sister lives in the same city I do and my brother lives in New Mexico and works in Asia but I talk to them both at least 3 times a week and I see my sister at least twice. When I was growing up all of my friends had siblings close to their own age and especially with two girls, there was competition to some extent. I think because my sister was 10 yrs older than me and my brother 9, we didn't have that sibling rivalry. I think that probably wouldn't be the case if we we were closer in age. By the time I was 10, they had both left home and joined the Marines. I felt like an only child after that almost.

I felt my family life was so boring after that. My best friend had a huge family where there was always something going on and they would argue loudly (but not violently) and I used to LOVE going over to her house because it seemed so lively and fun. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

To me ,drama is something one can handle, stress is just much different , life events that are happening ,i find hard to handle.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Regular Contributor

I have very little drama in my life, the only kind I try to allow is the fictional entertainment type drama lol. Movies, TV etc. I agree drama and stress are different things.

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I don't get the children=drama thing, maybe because I am an only child.   I have 2 kids, grown, I don't tolerate drama.   I didn't raise them to be whiney or playing one off the other or all the other bad habits that some families seem to thrive on.  I won't be manipulated & I don't manipulate them.  We've had plenty of tragic events in our lives, we meet it with love & honesty, not drama.

I work with a woman who is a champion drama queen.   And yes I do have to work WITH her.    I put my boundaries up & when she tries to drag me into her drama, I change the subject, or some other way excuse myself from it.  I change the channel!!  LOL    She has 6 sisters.  I get the impression they are not happy unless there is some kind of drama & they grind each others noses in it over & over.