Honored Contributor

Are you a person with a lot of drama in your life, or very little to none? 

I have very little drama in my life now.    As a child I had a lot of drama inflicted by family members around me and which I had no control over.  Divorces, fighting, yelling etc.   As an adult I now CHOSE who and what I let into my life....no drama, no highs and lows...pretty even and steady sailing.  People who caused or now cause me angst I shut out of my life( including family members) so I can keep my life smooth and steady. I am in control and do not let others create my reality any more.  

Esteemed Contributor

I HATE drama!

I have no tolerance or patience for it.

Most of the time, people invite the drama on to themselves, then whine and complain about it, not seeing, or refusing to see that they have created their own drama.

If someone wants to be miserable, that's on them. 

It's not my job to make sure that they are happy.

Honored Contributor

I remember Oprah back when saying she got rid of "toxic people" and learned how to say "no".   That's stayed in my head all these yrs.

ah ha moment. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I remember Oprah back when saying she got rid of "toxic people" and learned how to say "no".   That's stayed in my head all these yrs.

ah ha moment. LOL

Easy for her to say; she doesn't have kids.  Some of us really don't want drama, but it's forced upon us because of our children whom we don't want to turn our backs on. 

Honored Contributor

Me? I like a quiet life

Esteemed Contributor

As little as possible.  The older I get, the less tolerant I am about people and their "issues."

Here is a quote I love by a facebook page, "Aunty Acid" 

Every time you feel yourself being pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat theses words...
"not my circus, not my monkeys"

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

I work with people who hate their job. 

Is our job a "fun" job? No, it isn't, but it is what it is.

They want the company to cater to their every whim and desire, to make sure that they are happy 100% of the time.

NO job is like that.

I am so sick and tired of hearing their constant complaining, that I try to avoid it whenever possible.

No job is perfect, and if they ever do leave, they just might be in for a rude awakening as to how the working world really is today.

And I'm talking about grown adults who are 50+ who are complaining.

So, yeah, I am sick and tired of the drama.

Honored Contributor

Depending upon the circumstances, I do my best to avoid drama that might personally affect me.

OTOH, I sometimes confront obvious, crafted, plotted drama and those who make "creating drama" their life work. Their issues are different/more serious or tragic than anyone else's, other people may get things resolved or have solutions, but they alone are trapped in abject misery of others' making, poorpoor THEM, there is nothing anyone can dooooo, they will just have to go on suffering.

Yeah.  No.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I have a stressful job too which is my drama.  But you have to eat so what can you do?  I'm actually looking into stress management because I really need to learn some.  

Got rid of the drama in my personal life over the summer.  Had it out with my family and they've been pretty respectful of my boundaries ever since.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't like drama.  But it happens. You can try to hide from it but occasionally it will find you. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth