Honored Contributor

Re: Down the black hole.....

[ Edited ]

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Interesting.  I watched a show where some researchers called Neanderthal man the real human and that we, modern man, homosapiens are the hybrids.  Hmmmmmm. 

The real humans were the African tribes from which we all came.  Many there still carry the original genes, most others, especially Caucasians, also carry Neanderthal and Denisovan genes.  One other recently discovered but not much is known about that one.  There was interbreeding, so Neanderthals also carried human genes.

Asians etc. usually carry some of the other genes, also.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

PBS has had a lot of programs on this.  I think there are still some available on PBS.org.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Noel

I remember learning about the Indus Valley, etc.  I just don't quite buy it all.  As to the idea of we humans being hybrids, I find that fascinating. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Super Contributor

This whole THREAD has been fascinating. Woman Surprised

Spoiler

Esteemed Contributor

Interesting thread. I guess black holes matter to you OP
Esteemed Contributor

I think the answer to this whole thing, is to have Shawn and Isaac respond.  You know, the ones who questioned the much lampooned "solar system" inquiry.  Planet or star?  Moon or sun?

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

Okay, back to the Black Hole. 

Actually, I enjoyed the Disney movie with the late Maximillian Schell.  Well done for that time/effects. 

Honored Contributor

As has been said before, all we have is now.  

Other than being a topic of discussion and engaging someone's mind, how does all this benefit anyone on a daily basis?  Humans, non-humans, so what?   

The point is to be kind to each other and to make decisions that further that end.  

By the way, we are not simply parasites riding this planet.  The simple act of living and dying engages the planetary systems of air, earth, water, and more, and as such, we are in a mutualistic relationship, not a parasitic one.   Even though it may not seem like it since the news covers more of the negative, more people want positive than negative and act toward that.  

And since the universe is expanding, you think we need to find another planet.  If an expanding universe affects everything, not just our planet, how would any other planet be an improvement?  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach  Be kind to each other.  Hmmmm.  Tell that to ISIS and the many murderous people who want you dead. 

Now, for humans being parasites.  We are the best hope this planet has.  Unfortunately, too many people on the planet live in dire conditions and just focus on their situations.  Many of them just leave squalor around and it gets them sick or ill.  Their despotic leaders/govt. don't do things like put in public works so their can be clean water, removal of sewage, landfills, they don't vaccinate.  Problems exists but we humans are the ones who will have to solve them and make sure others solve their own before things can be made better here. 

Honored Contributor

I am talking about what we can do, not what others are doing.  I have no control over ISIS.  I can only control what I do.  What ISIS does does not change what I do.  Does ISIS influence you to do horrible things?  I don't think so.

Humans ARE already working on all those problems you mentioned.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.