Honored Contributor

Re: Doris Roberts passed away age 90

@sunshine45 wrote:

i have been laughing with her characters since the show ANGIE!

may she rest in peace.....what a great entertainer she was.

Sun ,me too, when I heard she passed, my first thought, was, Angie's mother!!!

Honored Contributor

She was the favorite Grandmother and mother-in-law not to mention Mom for so many and for so many years. 

Peter Boyle 2006, Sawyer Sweeten 2015, and now dear sweet Doris, all rest in peace.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I was saddened to see this as well.  I had no idea she was 90!

Loved her in ELR and on The Middle but my first thought when I saw that she had passed was how much I enjoyed her as Mrs. Miracle in the holiday movies.     

Valued Contributor

Her timing was impeccable. Do you remember when she did a sculpure on ELR?  One of the funniest shows I have ever seen.   Also always loved the pretty big shirts she wore on ELR.  She was a star.  RIP

Trusted Contributor

Loved her!

My favorite role besides that of "Marie" on "Everybody Loves Ryamond", was in a great movie named "Hester Street". She played the nosy next door neighbor Mrs. Kavarsky.

The "Marie" character is identical to that of mu real MOM...no kidding, and her name happens to be Marie. LOL

Honored Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

Loved her and loved that show!

Had no idea she was 90!!! wow.  I watched the Middle last night and she had guests spots on that show.  Patricia Heaten (she played Raymonds wife.) seems to have been very close to her.  She has been on so many shows.  She even did Glade commercials back in the day.  RIP Ms. Roberts

Esteemed Contributor

She was a true yeoman actor. She could play comedy and tragedy equally. Ironically, she's probably best known for her Ray Romano series but I remember seeing her for decades on TV and in movies. She was a super actress. RIP

Respected Contributor

So talented and funny.  Looks like she was able to pursue her acting career right to the end, too.

Respected Contributor

So sad to hear. She was a fabulous actress. Loved her in Everybody loves Raymond and as Mrs.  MIRACLE! 

Respected Contributor

Candle With Stars!

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~