Honored Contributor

That thread has gotten so long. I just want to ask if anyone made the suggestion that we be able to delete our own threads. I made several mistaken posts in Electronics that should be deleted because of some kind of glitch. Every time I go in there and see those posts (to which there are no responses for obvious reasons), it irritates me that I can't delete them.

Hoping you would remember if anyone did make that suggestion. [Not that I think they would do anything about it.]

Did they take any of our suggestions that you know of? Did you ever get a response?

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

It would also be great if we could correct our original post. Nothing like seeing a glaring word that was spelled incorrectly,

over

and over

and

over. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Honored Contributor
On 10/22/2014 minkbunny said:

It would also be great if we could correct our original post. Nothing like seeing a glaring word that was spelled incorrectly,

over

and over

and

over. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Yes, that is surely another frustration and can sometimes be embarrassing to the OP.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

Ford, it might be worth trying to get the webbies to delete them. You can send them the names of the threads and why you would like to have them deleted, and see what will happen. They've been very nice when I've had a couple of questions. I asked about a particular thread once that had been "archived", and they said they might could make it available to me -- I was looking for an old recipe in Recipe Swap and the thread was no longer there. I told them never mind, it was no big deal.

This is the email address: Social.Team@qvc.com

Honored Contributor
On 10/22/2014 kittymomNC said:

Ford, it might be worth trying to get the webbies to delete them. You can send them the names of the threads and why you would like to have them deleted, and see what will happen. They've been very nice when I've had a couple of questions. I asked about a particular thread once that had been "archived", and they said they might could make it available to me -- I was looking for an old recipe in Recipe Swap and the thread was no longer there. I told them never mind, it was no big deal.

This is the email address: Social.Team@qvc.com

Thanks Kitty, I'll try that.

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

Actually they are in "Health and Fitness," not "Electronics," but same issue.

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

Hi, Ford, minky and kittymom! So sorry I couldn't get back 'til now. I know the two suggestions mentioned here were made in the past, not sure if they were on our thread or in the community blog. I think the email is a great idea -- I did that when I had a post with embedded code that went wonky and they responded and removed the post.

Good to see all of you. I'd say keep the suggestions coming, because I know they've paid at least a wee bit of attention to the thread and they've been making a few changes and responses to the suggestions there.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova