Honored Contributor

Re: Don't store Santas get a crash course in dealing with the public?

Santa was wrong, however I wonder if this boy was actually as upset as he said he was. Why would his mother and the boy open up this incident for discussion with the public?

Most people would be really humiliated and want to keep this quiet as not to cause any embarassment.

With the invention of social media, it seems many want their 15 minutes even if it is negative exposure.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@cherry wrote:

What if he is on steriods? That can put on the pounds.

I am amazed that people think it's Ok to make a 9 year old cry

So there's "good" fat and "bad" fat?  Is that what you are saying?  I don't think it matters at all why the kid is fat.  That's not the issue.  I don't care if he sits on the couch eating Doritos and Oreos all day.  That's not the issue.   The issue is a grown man choosing to be cruel to child...just because he can.   Apparently, a whole lot of people think that's ok.  That's the truly sad part of the story.

No I am just pointing out fat can come from many reasons, some are things you can't control. So to assume people know all about this boy is wrong

I don't know anything about the boy and neither does anyone else because that wasn't the story.  The story was about cruelty to child by someone who was hire to bring joy to children, even the fat ones.   The boy....is irrlelevant.   But it's odd that so many people can't get past the boys weight.  In their heads they think he deserved to be belittled and humiliated because he's overweight.  Yes, there are reasons for being overweight but even for kids the principal reason is poor diet and lack of exersize.  Which, again is irrlevant to the story.  Except that when kids are overweight, it's NEVER the kid's fault.  Because, well at least in my world.  Kids don't grocery shop, plan the meals, cook the meals and decide for themselves what they will eat.  

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Santa was wrong, however I wonder if this boy was actually as upset as he said he was. Why would his mother and the boy open up this incident for discussion with the public?

Most people would be really humiliated and want to keep this quiet as not to cause any embarassment.

With the invention of social media, it seems many want their 15 minutes even if it is negative exposure.

It's good they did. That Santa has no place dealing with children. What would he say to someone who had other issues?

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@cherry wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@cherry wrote:

So there's "good" fat and "bad" fat?  Is that what you are saying?  I don't think it matters at all why the kid is fat.  That's not the issue.  I don't care if he sits on the couch eating Doritos and Oreos all day.  That's not the issue.   The issue is a grown man choosing to be cruel to child...just because he can.   Apparently, a whole lot of people think that's ok.  That's the truly sad part of the story.

No I am just pointing out fat can come from many reasons, some are things you can't control. So to assume people know all about this boy is wrong

I don't know anything about the boy and neither does anyone else because that wasn't the story.  The story was about cruelty to child by someone who was hire to bring joy to children, even the fat ones.   The boy....is irrlelevant.   But it's odd that so many people can't get past the boys weight.  In their heads they think he deserved to be belittled and humiliated because he's overweight.  Yes, there are reasons for being overweight but even for kids the principal reason is poor diet and lack of exersize.  Which, again is irrlevant to the story.  Except that when kids are overweight, it's NEVER the kid's fault.  Because, well at least in my world.  Kids don't grocery shop, plan the meals, cook the meals and decide for themselves what they will eat.  

If you read the entire thread I have always defended this child, and stated he would eat what he was given by his parents

If I hadn't have felt sorry for him ,I would never have started this thread

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

@cherry wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@cherry wrote:

@chrystaltree

I've known @cherry through her posts for years.  That's not the way she thinks, she is doing the same thing I am doing, pointing out that a rush to judgement by some here can be very wrong, that there are many reasons for someone, even a child, being overweight.

It's about showing the premise of assumption is incorrect.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@cherry wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@cherry wrote:

@chrystaltree

I've known @cherry through her posts for years.  That's not the way she thinks, she is doing the same thing I am doing, pointion out that a rush to judgement by some here can be very wrong, that there are many reasons for someone, even a child being overweight.

I don't even know what that means but it's okay.  I get that people don't care about the original post because it involved an overweight kid, they'd rather just debate the reasons for childhood obesity and hold the child responsibility for the way that man treated him.  I get that.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

It's good they did. That Santa has no place dealing with children. What would he say to someone who had other issues?

I would have been horrified to have this discussed publically if it happened to me or someone in my family. Mom should have settled this with Santa and the Mall in a private matter.

Now, everyone in America and possibly abroad is involved.  If the kids was hurt and embarassed, you would think public exposure would make it worse.

Some people need their 15 minutes.  I feel sorry for this child.  He will now face teasing for this incident for a long time.... and not from Santa.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@cherry wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@cherry wrote:

@chrystaltree

I've known @cherry through her posts for years.  That's not the way she thinks, she is doing the same thing I am doing, pointion out that a rush to judgement by some here can be very wrong, that there are many reasons for someone, even a child being overweight.

I don't even know what that means but it's okay.  I get that people don't care about the original post because it involved an overweight kid, they'd rather just debate the reasons for childhood obesity and hold the child responsibility for the way that man treated him.  I get that.

@chrystaltreeyou have reading comprehension problems ,or you haven't read my posts

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

If the child was being bullied and picked on at school because of his weight, and his mother knows it, going public is another reminder that it's not okay to bully and be purposefully hurtful. Would it be okay to come out publicly against bullying *as long as* weight wasn't mentioned? The opportunity presented itself. It might have been a joint decision between mother and son, to bring this to light for *other* children. Just playing Devil's Advocate.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor