Super Contributor

Re: Don't drive while taking selfies...sad story

That is hilarious!

Super Contributor

At least she only killed herself and not other innocent people. Was it worth it, was it so important that she had to do that while she was driving, she couldn't wait till she got home?? These people make me sick!!

Honored Contributor

Another really annoying thing is when you're at a red light, the light turns green and the person in front is not moving .... head tipped down.

I don't care anymore ..... I beep the horn and think "stop texting and DRIVE, you idiot...." {#emotions_dlg.angry}

I think people should turn their phones OFF when they get behind the wheel. The earth isn't going to come to an end if you don't check messages until you get out of the car!

Honored Contributor

On 4/26/2014 terrier3 said:

A 32 year old woman texting and taking selfies drives headfirst into another car and dies...

She texted her friend that the song "Happy" made her really happy.

You would think someone beyond their teen years would have enough common sense to know that driving any motor vehicle on any public byway/highway or Interstate takes 100% concentration on the action at hand.

It is sad that people seem to feel it "always happens to someone else" and that something is more important to them than putting 100% of their focus on driving, while driving. I am sorry this woman died, but I sure hope she did not take an innocents along with her.

Have never and will never understand the fascination with people feeling like that have to be available every minute and every second to those that "ring 'em up" or "text 'em". One would think someone that is past the age of full brain development would have more driving experience along with common sense to do nothing but drive when behind the wheel of any motorized vehicle on a public road.

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Dumb dumb dumb. At least she didn't take any innocent people with her. Isn't it odd that people did not kill themselves taking self-photos with Polaroids when they hit the market 50 years ago.

While I do have a cell phone, I often wonder why so many people need to be on the phone all the time, no matter where they are. What the @$&! are they talking about & with whom are they talking?

Super Contributor

On 4/26/2014 hckynut said:

A 32 year old woman texting and taking selfies drives headfirst into another car and dies...

She texted her friend that the song "Happy" made her really happy.

You would think someone beyond their teen years would have enough common sense to know that driving any motor vehicle on any public byway/highway or Interstate takes 100% concentration on the action at hand.

It is sad that people seem to feel it "always happens to someone else" and that something is more important to them than putting 100% of their focus on driving, while driving. I am sorry this woman died, but I sure hope she did not take an innocents along with her.

Have never and will never understand the fascination with people feeling like that have to be available every minute and every second to those that "ring 'em up" or "text 'em". One would think someone that is past the age of full brain development would have more driving experience along with common sense to do nothing but drive when behind the wheel of any motorized vehicle on a public road.

ITA with you john! but what is really sad to me is that people feel like everthing they do or say must be broadcast live to everyone to know at the exact moment it happens! she could have waited until she got home or she was at least off the road to text how happy that song made her.

Respected Contributor

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/north-carolina-woman-dies-behind-wheel-texting-happy-artic...

She texted her friend that the song ""Happy"" made her really happy.

Another Darwin Award Winner.

Honored Contributor

When I first got my smart phone, it was tempting...I'll be the first to admit that. BUT, I began throwing my purse in the back seat while I drive. I hear it ding w/ a message...nothing I can do. I hear it ring for a call...nothing I can do...until I come to my destination. PLUS...it's a safety factor @ the gas station w/ the "sliders" so prevalent today (backseat doors remain locked). Win-Win.

Respected Contributor

On 4/27/2014 sidsmom said:

When I first got my smart phone, it was tempting...I'll be the first to admit that. BUT, I began throwing my purse in the back seat while I drive. I hear it ding w/ a message...nothing I can do. I hear it ring for a call...nothing I can do...until I come to my destination. PLUS...it's a safety factor @ the gas station w/ the "sliders" so prevalent today (backseat doors remain locked). Win-Win.

that is what I do....my job hates that I don't answer my cell right away, but I tell them, I am not going to pick up my phone while I drive. They don't say much after that....after all, they don't want to encourage bad driving habits!!

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Honored Contributor

I guess there are lots of folks either out of work, or very rich.........driving, walking around all day long, texting and taking selfies...............And just think of all of the other people we don't even see who are on the other end 'of the line'(s), texting back.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).