Honored Contributor

Re: Don't buy a Samsung refrigerator or a extended warranty from HH Gregg

A couple years ago i was at Lowe's looking at appliances there was a couple looking at refrigerators. We just got to chatting. They were looking at replacing a fridge. I asked how old, they said 3 yrs old. Then I asked what brand, Samsung. They went on to tell me what went wrong. It was almost what you described.  they were looking at fridge's, but quickly by-passing all Samsung's models.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have a Samsumg from 2013 as well...no problems...at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Esteemed Contributor

I feel your pain OP but in our case it was a local store and a Samsung dishwasher.  Long story short, we had to buy another dishwasher.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

I think Samsung still makes good TVs.  But it sounds like their major appliances and phones are sketchy.

Esteemed Contributor

We had our 12+ year old Kenmore fridge repaired last Spring.  The repairman said if you decide to replace this fridge DONOT buy a Samsung,they're junk.  He said he sees them all and that's the worst. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Read LilacTree's post on washing machines: top loaders work best for me.

Regardless of which brand you're looking at, check reviews because the one I got for FL makes a old horrible sound ( like someone gasping for air  with a hoarse voice ).

When I called their customer service hotline, I was told the next model up was much quieter.  Evidently LOWES only cared about making a sale...they could have sold a more expensive model to us!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

We are not brand loyal about appliances.  All of our appliance are 8 years old (when we built our home) and I have to tell you we have had a problem (s) with everyone of them. Some have already been replaced!  ALL were Consumer Reports top rated.

I will say HH GREGG is the worse!! I agree with PP I would not buy a key ring there.

Start calling everyday and if they can not the terms of warranty they can either replace your appliance free or return the cost of the extended warrenty.  Trust me they will agree if you make their life difficult.  ;-)  Do NOT let this go.  

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased Samsung everything for my new home, from appliances to TV. It's been 9 1/2 months and so everything is still working great. I purchased the appliances at Home Depot. I hope I don't have any problems. 

Honored Contributor

I've not heard of that store, or website - whatever it is, but I'm sorry you had to deal with that.   It's always disheartening to have to end up majorly disappointed, but especially when you spend that kind of money.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

we have bought a number of appliances from HHGREGG in the past three years.......washer, dryer, gas cooktop, and an oven. we never buy THEIR extended warranty, but we do have a whole house policy via our gas and electric company which has been well worth it. they have even come out to service our 18 year old refrigerator several times this year (i have been putting off getting a new one, but it will happen soon.)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein