Esteemed Contributor

Don't buy a Samsung refrigerator or a extended warranty from HH Gregg

IN 2013 we purchased a expensive Samsung refrigerator from HH Gregg.  SOmething told me to buy the extended warranty.  I NEVER buy extended warranties but this time I did. WIthin the first year they had to replace the entire electronic control panel.  YEar two some Part went bad and another repair costing $500 which was covered under the extended warranty.  EArlier this week my ice maker ceased to function.  I called the HH Gregg customer service line.  THey said they had to find a service provider in my area and would get back to me within two days.  I just called them back and they still have not found a service provider to do the service call.  WHAT???  THey sell the warranty but they don t have a network of service providers to call on?     THe woman I spoke to said "We will find someone to,do the work but sometimes it takes a longer period to locate someone."

Honored Contributor

Re: Don't buy a Samsung refrigerator or a extended warranty from HH Gregg

@KathyPet

What happened to the service provider who did the 1st 2 repairs?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

That's typical from HH Gregg.  At least that's what I've been told from others that has purchased anything from that store.  From what I've heard, I wouldn't buy a key chain from HH Gregg, let alone an applicance. 

Honored Contributor

My refrigerator is pretty old but most reviews about new refrigerators - online and family members - aren't very good.  It's terrible, as much as a new fridge costs.  

Respected Contributor

Many times the warranty companies sub out the work and then it may take a long time for the repair company to get paid.  Then they won't work for the the warranty company any longer.  Please remember the warranty company didn't tell you they won't fix it, they are having trouble finding someone.  I know it's really frustrating, but try to get through this knowing it's not the worst thing that could happen. Good luck.

Honored Contributor

My guess is this is more of a problem with HH Gregg than Samsung.  Granted that fridge sounds like a lemon but the problem with getting someone to service it is a problem with HH Gregg.

Respected Contributor

Samsung clothes washers and smartphones (S7) are "exploding" .... so it is no surprise concerning control board issues with their refrigerator.  

Thank you for warning consumers, and sorry for your bad experience with this brand.  I had the same experence with two GE refrigerators .... sadly, quality is long gone with most appliance brands.

Esteemed Contributor

I asked the woman that and even gave her the name of the company that did the first two repairs.  HEr response was that she would provide that information to the dept that finds the service provider.

Honored Contributor

Sorry you are having to deal with this problem.

We have never bought an extended warranty either.

Since something told you to buy the extended warranty you should have bought a different refrigerator instead. Sounds like you got stuck with a lemon if it has to keep being worked on. I would not be very happy.

Honored Contributor

If I were ever to be in the market for a new washer and dryer again (which I won't be), I would get Kenmore or LG.  The washer would be A TOP LOADER.  I think they have finally realized that front load washers are extremely inefficient and even unsanitary. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986