Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does your husband, friends or family "mess with" your pots?

@chrystaltree wrote:

Ah....   No, in my whole life I have never had or even heard of anyone doing such a thing.  It's bizarre.  Perhaps you husband needs try his hand at cooking once or twice a week. 

@chrystaltree

He loves to cook and mostly on the weekends. LOL! He's also a fantastic baker and taught our girls because I'm not so fond of doing it. 

I was a little peeved that he would think to take over after walking in the door. 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Ah....   No, in my whole life I have never had or even heard of anyone doing such a thing.  It's bizarre.  Perhaps you husband needs try his hand at cooking once or twice a week. 

@chrystaltree

He loves to cook and mostly on the weekends. LOL! He's also a fantastic baker and taught our girls because I'm not so fond of doing it. 

I was a little peeved that he would think to take over after walking in the door. 

Kitchen rudeness...lol  Not something I can relate too.  My hubby has his specialities that he likes to cook, especially when we have family come over but it's one cook at time in our kitchen.  Neither of us would ever "mess" with whatever the other one is cooking....it wouldn't go over well...lol

Honored Contributor

I do the cooking & he does the clean up. He knows not to mess with a good thing!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Umm no, I will confront anyone who deems it necessary to shadow my cooking, I find that quite rude.

Esteemed Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

Umm no, I will confront anyone who deems it necessary to shadow my cooking, I find that quite rude.

I had him arrested and he'll be out on bail Monday. The charges?  Being rude to the cook. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

My husband does all the cooking. I used to enjoy cooking but when we started dating he would cook because he had a more flexible schedule than I. I like it at first but then he took over, shopping, menu planning - everything. Any time I ever want to cook (following old recipes) he thinks I should change it or tries to take over. I finally just quit. He controls the kitchen and everything in it, except cleaning. That's when I get to jump in.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

My husband does all the cooking. I used to enjoy cooking but when we started dating he would cook because he had a more flexible schedule than I. I like it at first but then he took over, shopping, menu planning - everything. Any time I ever want to cook (following old recipes) he thinks I should change it or tries to take over. I finally just quit. He controls the kitchen and everything in it, except cleaning. That's when I get to jump in.

@SurferWife

I think this is marvelous and just goes to show how there aren't any assigned roles to all of us! Woman Very Happy

Valued Contributor

I happen to really enjoy cooking.... 5 nights a week.  The other two are divided between reservations and take-out.

When we married, 48 years ago, he lived on his own so he showed me how to cook... 

"Everything gets fried on high heat".

"Mashed potatoes come in pouches."

"Anything else you need comes in a can."

I have learned a lot since then and he will eat whatever experiment I come up with.  I consider a recipe to be a suggestion, not a road map. 

He knows I like cooking, but hate grocery shopping, so he goes along to keep me company. 

I cook, he cleans up, and is VERY good at it, as I tell him OFTEN.   Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

My husband only knows how to cook eggs!!  Also I never ask his opinion on if anything is done!  If I did, we would eat raw meat, raw poultry and raw fish and very, very soggy vegetables!  Also everything would be over salted!  So, other than eggs I do all the cooking!!  Regarding clean-up, I do that also!  To him clean-up means putting everything in the dishwasher, even the non-dishwasher safe pans, and turning it on!  Forget cleaning the stove or the sink!! Woman Frustrated 

I stay away from his work bench and his gardening stuff!!!

We are so, so, happy that way!!  Been married for 53 years now!!

I think that's why!!!Woman Very HappyMan Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Rearrange his tools in the garage.