Respected Contributor

Does your browser ever get jumpy?

Mine has been doing that lately and it's not Qvc but happens when I go into yahoo mail too.

I end up having to close and reopen and sometimes restart the computer. Quite annoying.

Honored Contributor

Re: Does your browser ever get jumpy?

Not often, but when it does I delete the cookies, cache, website data, then close and relaunch and that seems to do the trick. Just closing and reopening won't do all those things, unless you have certain settings directing the browser to do them.

I wanted to add: be sure you have the current version of the browser, add-ons, and plugins, too.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

Yahoo mail has been ridiculously terrible lately.

Honored Contributor

On 3/28/2015 MomOf4 said:

Yahoo mail has been ridiculously terrible lately. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Hi, MomOf4! I hope you and your family are well.Smile I really don't like Yahoo... I used it for a short time because I had an email account with AT&T (powered by Yahoo), but not anymore. Their problems are many and their support is pretty awful.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

On 3/28/2015 dooBdoo said:

Hi, MomOf4! I hope you and your family are well.Smile I really don't like Yahoo... I used it for a short time because I had an email account with AT&T (powered by Yahoo), but not anymore. Their problems are many and their support is pretty awful.

Hi dooB, thanks for the well wishes. We are doing pretty well and mostly back to normal around here. Smile

I have used Yahoo mail for so many years and it's hard to get use to something new. It does seem like it's always something going on with it. Yes, support is almost nonexistent. One of these days I will change. I'm getting close now..

Trusted Contributor

Are you using Internet Explorer? That's been acting up for months. When I'm on a Windows machine, I use Firefox...which I don't particularly care for...but it's better than IE.

In fact, I don't remember the exact dates, but Microsoft is going to stop supporting Internet Explorer in the very near future. The info is online. They're bringing out a new "gem."

ETA: Be careful with Yahoo mail. Everyone that I know that uses it has had their account hacked in the past 6 months. I don't trust anything "Yahoo."

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Respected Contributor

One time someone told me on this forum that it is related to the ""compatibility view"". I turned mine off and that solved the problem.

Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone. I've been using the Opera browser for over a year now and really like the layout. Had problems with I.E. and Firefox too. I know I should give up yahoo email but the spam box does a pretty good job of catching the bad stuff. I never open any of that plus check my inbox very carefully.

Trusted Contributor

I've been using Chrome. Occasionally my webpage will automatically, and rapidly, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page. When I attempt to scroll back up it won't let me. I have to close the page I'm on, or even close the browser, and then start up again in order for it to function normally. Hope this makes sense.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Honored Contributor

On 3/28/2015 dooBdoo said:

Hi dooB, thanks for the well wishes. We are doing pretty well and mostly back to normal around here. Smile

I have used Yahoo mail for so many years and it's hard to get use to something new. It does seem like it's always something going on with it. Yes, support is almost nonexistent. One of these days I will change. I'm getting close now..

Glad to hear the positive report! I've been thinking of you, sending those positive vibes.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

It's a personal preference, but I was so happy after switching to Gmail for my main account. They actually transferred all my mail from my .MSN account, so I didn't lose messages or have to send them manually. I don't think any of them have the greatest support, but Yahoo is pretty far down toward the bottom of the list.