Honored Contributor

Re: Does it bother you to be alone or do you value solitude?

As long as I have books, TV, movies and occasionally some music, I'm pretty content being alone. We have a family gathering on my DH's side this weekend and he is looking forward to going whereas I only want to say hi, have a bite to eat and leave.
Honored Contributor

I grew up in a big family.  Enormous when I think of more than just the immediate family.  So I guess I learned to appreciate it and function within a group...  but I've also always enjoyed solitude.  To my way of thinking, it's good to learn to be at peace in either situation because as much as we want to have control...  control is an illusion for the most part.  So we never know when we'll need to be at ease amidst bustling activity or simply in our own company.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

solitude?  what's that?

Honored Contributor

I take care of my elderly mother. I love her but sometimes it gets overwhelming the responsibility I have. I do enjoy my time alone when my sister takes my mother for 2 or 3 hours. 

Respected Contributor

Solitude.  Every job I've ever had has required me to deal with a variety of people all day, every work day.  It's nice to spend my off-work time without all that chaos, & stupidity.

Esteemed Contributor

I value solitude, but it seems many around me prefer to be in groups, so I go along with them.  I especially enjoy eating lunch alone if I've had a busy morning at work.  It gives me time to relax, reflect, and recharge.  

As much as I enjoy "me time," I can never get enough family time.  I realize how quickly things can change, so I grab every moment I can.

Esteemed Contributor

Me, myself and I............does that qualify for enjoying being alone!!

Respected Contributor

Doesn't bother me, I cherish my alone time.

Honored Contributor

Being alone does not bother me one bit, I prefer my solitude.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I value my solitude and so do my loved ones and friends.