Honored Contributor

Does facebook have any rules about what you can livestream?

I've heard some awful stuff, that has been live streamed, the latest is a rape from Sweden?

Why on earth ,would anyone  think ,people are ok with such terrible acts? and would want to see them?

I do next to nothing on facebook ,and know  almost nothing about it

Respected Contributor

Re: Does facebook have any rules about what you can livestream?

@cherry wrote:

I've heard some awful stuff, that has been live streamed, the latest is a rape from Sweden?

Why on earth ,would anyone  think ,people are ok with such terrible acts? and would want to see them?

I do next to nothing on facebook ,and know  almost nothing about it

Apparently not based on the stories out there.  So awful.

I agree, why do people think these heinous acts are something to "show off" and be proud of?

Disgusting

Honored Contributor

You can report things that you find inappropriate to Facebook, and they will remove it.  I believe there is a "report post" link on each post in order to do this.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I'm glad to hear that @NickNack  and I hope the videos can be used as evidence against them in court

Honored Contributor

I have very occasionally reported something to FB and any time I have, FB agreed with me and removed them.

Anything and everything can be posted because there's no filter going in, but the more something is reported, the faster it'll get looked at and deleted, esp if it gets negative publicity.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Facebook has become annoying at the best and in cases such as mentioned here, obscene. I have deleted it from my bookmarks and blocked any e-mails from it. If I want to contact people, I'll use e-mail or call them. I say good riddance.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have no answer on why people do the things they do today on social media except it seems those who post things (both true and false with shock value) have an inflated craving for attention (neg or pos). I only know the report option on fb works and have set my privacy and friends list so limited I rarely see that kind of stuff (live stream, videos, memes, etc) If I see any friends as repeat offenders needing attention I delete them quickly and quietly.

Honored Contributor

You can see the same thing on YouTube.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never even knew FB had live streaming for "regular people."

I was watching Martha Stewart live once and after her live stream I saw you could click on other people on live stream.

I clicked on a few and I didn't like what I saw at all!

There are some real wackos out there.

Unless it is something specific I am looking for like watching Martha etc. I tend to stay away from live stream.

Esteemed Contributor

@StylishLady wrote:

Facebook has become annoying at the best and in cases such as mentioned here, obscene. I have deleted it from my bookmarks and blocked any e-mails from it. If I want to contact people, I'll use e-mail or call them. I say good riddance.

It's not Facebook.  It's the people you choose to friend and follow.

As others here have said, Facebook does remove things all the time.  Usually pretty quickly too.  They are very, very good at getting rid of offensive posts, videos, etc.  It's not Facebook putting them there in the first place.

My settings are tight, my friends are not annoying, and I'm very careful about who I follow.  I've been on FB for years and have never once seen anything the slightest bit offensive.