Frequent Contributor

Does Q not always post reviews?

I've been a solid, active buyer if Q products for about 3 yrs.  Not long - I get it, but, I was late to this form of shopping. Along the way, I have not left reviews, and, I have left some. No biggie. I leave reviews as it suits me.  However, I stumbed upon some of my past reviews, and happened to notice that several other reviews that I typed out, weren't there. I really don't think that I was overly opinionated or rude in the ones that are missing ( matter of fact - I try to always be honest and polite ), but - it begs me to question, - is this a common thing/occurance? 

Not looking to ruffle feathers, just overall curious.

Honored Contributor

Re: Does Q not always post reviews?

They haven’t published all of mine.  My positive ones have been published, but not the few negative ones.  

The last negative one was regarding a food item that was just awful. I was objective in my review, and just stuck to the facts about what wasn’t right.  I checked several times after I wrote it, to see if it would get posted, and it was not.  

Honored Contributor

I have had reviews that were not posted, the ones I give 4 stars because of the price are not usually accepted. I know they don't like you to talk about the price, but that's a consideration with any product so IMO it's relevant.

Esteemed Contributor

If not positive, a few of mine (although honest) have been poofed! By the time I realized they had disappeared, I had forgotten what was said and didn't bother to rewrite the review. Confident that is the idea behind QVC's policy. They want to be able to say, "XXX of 4 or 5 star reviews" and blah, blah, blah. Frankly, I wish the hosts would not mention all that nonsense since so many of the reviews are false. It means nothing to me any longer.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I've had my reviews posted, whether they were 5-star, 1-star or somewhere in between.

If a product was bad, I'd give a 1-star review, sticking to the facts, as I saw them.

Have I ever had a review simply vanish into thin air?  Yes, but stuff happens with computer systems, so I'd just resubmit it.  I don't think I've ever had the Q refuse to publish a review just because it was negative.

They have policy guidelines.  As long as you adhere to them, any review should be published.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I have had reviews that were not posted, the ones I give 4 stars because of the price are not usually accepted. I know they don't like you to talk about the price, but that's a consideration with any product so IMO it's relevant.

@blackhole99   @Oggi.  Mentioning the price is not a review of the performance or appearance of the product.  The most common reason for reviews to be rejected is when the reviewer brings up a customer service issue like, "It arrived broken", "shipping was slow", "I didn't like the color, fit or size".  Some of the comments people make are riduculous and are not an evaluation of the product.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

As @Kachina624  said, there are guidelines for posting reviews.  There is a link to the guidelines when you start writing, so you can check them before you write your review.  I've had many negative 1 or 2 star reviews published, so they don't only publish 5 star reviews.  Some of my 5 star reviews have not been published.

There was a discussion on here yesterday about a product that only had 9 reviews, and all of them were 1 star.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

FREEDOM OF SPEECH OUT THE WINDOW, EVEN AT QVC, WHY HAVE THE BLOG AND ASK FOR REVIEWS?????????????????????????????????/

Regular Visitor

I was wondering also..I posted a review about the Bunny Eyes flippable readers as I felt they were overpriced etc.  Also, they did not fit my face at all.  There were quite a few negative reviews.  This morning I was checking my returns and clicked on the glasses and there were no reviews at all..all gone.  I use those reviews before I make purchases.  I have been with QVC and reviewed many things, honestly, to help others and never saw all reviews removed.

Honored Contributor

@Jmar45.  I see reviews posted on all of the version of the product you mentioned.  Perhaps they were just slow to load?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment