Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Does it bother you when someone brings it to your attention that there is already a thread on the topic you posted? I always try to look and see if someone else has started a thread on something I want to say. I'll look on the whole page, but I'm don't scour the whole forum for it. Then someone will say there is already one started. Now if I had seen it I certainly wouldn't start another, but really what's the big deal? I also don't mind if a topic I started takes a different turn, some people do.I'm just trying to get along with everyone!

I agree. I think someone who goes to the trouble to make a post just to tell you there is another thread is nit picky. Most people do their best to check and see if there is another one but this place is supposed to be for fun, not a job so I don't see the big deal if someone does start a second post on a topic by mistake. Some people just live to point out mistakes as if they were getting paid for it though!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

Duplicate threads don't bother me. What does is teaser titles and those who use the BB as their personal email to engage in a chat with another poster.

Respected Contributor

not at all....I don't sweat the small stuff..

Honored Contributor

Sometimes it doesn't matter if you scour the threads before posting your comments ......   too many of the titles of the threads tell you absolutely nothing!

Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

Does it bother you when someone brings it to your attention that there is already a thread on the topic you posted? I always try to look and see if someone else has started a thread on something I want to say. I'll look on the whole page, but I'm don't scour the whole forum for it. Then someone will say there is already one started. Now if I had seen it I certainly wouldn't start another, but really what's the big deal? I also don't mind if a topic I started takes a different turn, some people do.I'm just trying to get along with everyone!

I agree. I think someone who goes to the trouble to make a post just to tell you there is another thread is nit picky. Most people do their best to check and see if there is another one but this place is supposed to be for fun, not a job so I don't see the big deal if someone does start a second post on a topic by mistake. Some people just live to point out mistakes as if they were getting paid for it though!

I think their intent is to belittle you and make themselves feel better. I don't see the harm in a duplicate topic. Maybe they would like to get a copyright on their "original" idea!

Honored Contributor

Re: Does It Bother You

[ Edited ]

Not at all, I can't think of a reason to be bothered by that. 

I just don't get why people take little things so personally. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

When I see those type of posts I wonder why they don't just skip the post. If I see a title that is vague or negative I don't open it.  I try not to spend more than a half hour herer. Otherwise I don't get any done☺

Trusted Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Preds wrote:

It bothers me that so many people can be bothered by so many things that aren't bothersome. Smiley Happy  Smile and continue on everyone ... that's the joy of life.  I'll chat on both or all threads about the same subject.  Maybe I'll learn something from both.

Love it.

Along that same 'play on words' vein, how 'bout this? Smiley Tongue

image.jpeg

you don't have a CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT not to be offended     GET OVER IT:

Honored Contributor

I don't do it on purpose but sometimes I have trouble finding the original post.

Sometimes it comes up when I start typing, but not always.  Also, if it doesn't say spoilers, you have to be careful.

I don't think people are trying to be mean, they just can't find the original thread.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I think their intent is to belittle you and make themselves feel better. I don't see the harm in a duplicate topic. Maybe they would like to get a copyright on their "original" idea!

Not only by doing this, but in a dozen other ways, there are people who post on this forum for the sole purpose of belittling and attacking others. It's why they come here. If there's no one and nothing to attack, and/or the moderators are actively on the job, most of them stop posting until the coast is clear. A few will deliberately poke the moderators. The best part of that is that the moderators don't react, they just keep deleting. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all