Valued Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Buy Newspapers Anymore

I'm not old, but I'm old-fashioned!  I like paper ANYTHING--newspapers, magazines, books.  I like to be able to hold something and see something right away.  I take notes on paper, too.  However, I do LOVE my computer, Iphone, Ipad and Ipod--LOL! 

Valued Contributor

I have a newspaper delivered to me each day and will continue to do so, until I am dead and buried.  A newspaper has been part of my daily life since I was a child and it is now part of my retirement - to me, holding a newspaper is one of the joys of the day.  For that same reason, I will never use an e-reader - nothing can replace the actual physical presence of a book.

Honored Contributor

Rarely. It's on-line, for free.

Frequent Contributor

It's weird, but I think I must be allergic to newspaper print. My skin gets red and itchy when I handle it.  Otherwise I would love to read newspapers, especially Sundays wth all the features, not to mention coupons!

Honored Contributor

We still get the 7 day a week delivery of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. My husband doesn't use computers at all. He loves his daily newspaper. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

EVERYDAY  7 days a week.  DH looks at pics and reads the captions, sometimes, an article.  I am a reader and like the feel, smell, and ink on my hands.   From a very young age,looking at the comics and working my way up to actually reading WORDS.  Now, I am trying to UNDERSTAND some of the words.

Every paper newspaper NOT sold goes to determining how much to put into a paper.

Most conveniences we enjoy, are being computer, robotic generated. 1 person at the machine pushing buttons.  That is just my own opinion.

ENJOY the paper EVERYDAY, we will lose it one of these days.---------tedEbear

Honored Contributor

Only when we're moving as packing material. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Our local newspaper is weak.  I get it two times a week = mostly because I hate to see it go under.  I subscribe to the Washington Post on line and get it daily.  

Honored Contributor

We do.  If I had to depend on reading the paper online then I would never know much about the news as I couldn't be bothered to have to deal with reading online.  It's too much of a hassle for me.  The paper is there every day through my mailslot so it's easy to just pick it up and read without having to log on the paper's website and monuever around it!   I would keep putting it off and the day would be over.

Honored Contributor

We get the local paper delivered 7 days a week.