Honored Contributor

Re: Do you use any online games to stimulate your brain?

@Elvita wrote:

If you are going to get Alzheimers you are going to get it regardless of what you do to prevent it.

Not exactly- if interested, read the Nuns/Alzheimer's study. Done a while ago (2002) but I think some of the research stands up.

Honored Contributor

Only the free ones that I can play alone.  I do love the arcade on the HSN site.  There are several types of Mahjong games on there and I love most of them.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@PurpleBunny wrote:

To stimulate my bra?

Sure had an unfortunate word cut off

probably get poofed. LOL

LOL

Respected Contributor

I have a NYTimes crossword subscription and do those puzzles on-line. Not specifically to stimulate my brain, but because I enjoy the challenge. I also have the app on my iPad so I can do them while traveling and not have to lug a big book along. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

On my iPad and cell phone: Jumbline ( Brainium app )

choice of timed or untimed...if you choose timed, you'll lose focus because you'll be watching time left.

choice of number of letters ( 5, 6 or 7 ) from which to create words of 3 or more letters with which to populate the word towers.  7 letters being the hardest.

option to report words which should be added to the acceptable list ( infrequently updated...some simple words which should have been there is frustrating for me )

choice of 3 different games: Classic ( described above ), Cloud Pop and Star Tower.  The latter two are fast moving and require intense focus...don't play before going to sleep!

I don't know if the latter two are on the cellphone: screen size and ability to select letters may be an issue.

On paper: I do the daily word game where you take the Word and create words of 4 or more letters.  Learned a few strange words there, LOL !  

If you want to get the most words, you will have to break the mental frame of reference: I create letter tiles with paper and physically slide them around in an organized way to give each letter the initial position.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill