Honored Contributor

Re: Do you trust the coin counting machines?

Yes. We counted the first few times and it was correct. We take it to out bank and it is free.

Honored Contributor

I save all our change and put it in an old piggy was have had for 40 years!  Each grand kid has had a chance to count it, and keep it.  However, they are not allowed to go to a coin machine,  They have to count and roll it in order to keep it.  There is usually anywhere from 209 to 118, depending.  They are pretty excited to do it , but is a LOT of work.  Last time we rolled and took it to bank.  Then the teller told my granddaughter, "oh, we would have counted it for you with our machine"  lol!  My granddaughter was 9, and told her, "but then I couldn't keep it gramma says" hahaha

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

I save all our change and put it in an old piggy was have had for 40 years!  Each grand kid has had a chance to count it, and keep it.  However, they are not allowed to go to a coin machine,  They have to count and roll it in order to keep it.  There is usually anywhere from 209 to 118, depending.  They are pretty excited to do it , but is a LOT of work.  Last time we rolled and took it to bank.  Then the teller told my granddaughter, "oh, we would have counted it for you with our machine"  lol!  My granddaughter was 9, and told her, "but then I couldn't keep it gramma says" hahaha

Love this idea! 

Honored Contributor

It takes the kids a while to count and roll it.  I show them how to roll, but I will not do it.  It took my granddaughter .close to 6 hours to count and roll about 120 dollars.  I told her, "where else could you earn 20 dollars an hour?"!

Esteemed Contributor

@bri20 wrote:
I trust the machine.

I do too.  I use them all the time.  My bank is not conveniently located, and this is a great option for me.  I always know how much I put in, and the machine has never gotten it wrong.

Honored Contributor

I don't trust them but have no need to use them.  I don't find it time consuming to wrap coins and do it every couple of weeks so it takes about 5 minutes or so.  Then about twice a year I take them to the bank and cash them in and ususally have about   $200 each time.  For me it's easier than waiting for the machine to count them.  

Honored Contributor

What is this word..."coin"?

😀

Super Contributor

I try to save most of my coins and then take them to my Credit Union to run thru the machine.   I used to roll them but now it is easier just to dump them in the machine.  Letting the coins accumulate is a painless savings plan and I really like it when I cash it in. 

Honored Contributor

I hate dealing with change and feel guilty dumping it on other people.  When it gets stacked up I take to the bank and throw it in the coin machine.  I feel sorry too for the poor kids y'all are making count the smelly stuff.  

Respected Contributor

Only use the one at the bank since I know they service it and check it every 2 months.