Respected Contributor

Re: Do you think it's possible . . .

Lilac Tree, I would also like to respond to your concerns about any physical limitations that you might have.

My husband had his left leg amputated, above the knee, in 2013.  Did that lessen how gorgeous his smile is, how beautiful his twinkly blue eyes are, how great he looks in a pair of Wranglers Smiley Tongue  No, not a bit.  And now he is fitted with a prosthetic which, to us, is like wearing glasses or any other device one might need to improve their daily way of life.

What his surgery did reinforce was how strong and brave and courageous he is and how he deals with even the worst of times with the best of humor.

You are who you are, a beautiful woman inside and out, and any physical limitations you might have do not change that. Heart

Honored Contributor

@minkbunny wrote:

Lilac Tree, I would also like to respond to your concerns about any physical limitations that you might have.

My husband had his left leg amputated, above the knee, in 2013.  Did that lessen how gorgeous his smile is, how beautiful his twinkly blue eyes are, how great he looks in a pair of Wranglers Smiley Tongue  No, not a bit.  And now he is fitted with a prosthetic which, to us, is like wearing glasses or any other device one might need to improve their daily way of life.

What his surgery did reinforce was how strong and brave and courageous he is and how he deals with even the worst of times with the best of humor.

You are who you are, a beautiful woman inside and out, and any physical limitations you might have do not change that. Heart

@minkbunny

That's beautiful minkbunny, truly.  The difference is he is your husband and you have been at his side the whole time.  I haven't seen my ex-SO in over two decades.

He was very much into my physical appearance, although he appreciated other things about me also.  I just loved him for his gentleness even though he was a big, muscular man.  He had his faults too, but we did not focus on that too much.  We really accepted each other as we were.

Thank you for your kind words.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

There's no answer to that one.    I am still in touch with my high school boyfriend.    He is still a teenager...........and I'm......ss.....sev......can hardly say it...........seventy something (!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I have not read back yet, but I will.  My answer to this is ... it's up to the two people involved. 

People change after they have lived through life.  We all grow, experience, make choices and move forward.  You have, I have, and he has.  Are you or he the same as you were back then?  No.  Do you want to get to know him again?  Yes.  Live in the moment and renew your friendship.  Learn his past years and share yours.  You won't know until you both do that ... share that... and enjoy the moments you have together ... now.

Don't build up hopes, but don't dismiss the either.  Life may have brought you together for a reason.  Listen, learn, love, and enjoy the possibilities.  If you don't leave with a true love, you may leave with a friend. 

Anything is possible and you need to go with your heart.  Your head can catch up later.  Don't worry and enjoy a moment when it happens.  Life is short. 

Dang ... I sound like a shrink.  LOL  Checks in the mail, right? 

Blessings on whatever you decide @LilacTree, but I'd give it a try.  Ya' just never know. Smiley Wink

If he ends up being a jerk ... just let us know!  We'll track him down! Smiley Happy

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Lilac Tree, You are welcome, my friend.

What I was saying is that any physical limitations did not change the person that my husband is  and that would be the same even if I weren't in the picture. 

Just follow that small still voice each of us have been blessed with. Heart

Honored Contributor

yes

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I think it would be worth a try to find out. You would know I believe in a New York minute if you or he feels the same like you did back then.

So go for it Woman Happy 

Honored Contributor

@Preds wrote:

I have not read back yet, but I will.  My answer to this is ... it's up to the two people involved. 

People change after they have lived through life.  We all grow, experience, make choices and move forward.  You have, I have, and he has.  Are you or he the same as you were back then?  No.  Do you want to get to know him again?  Yes.  Live in the moment and renew your friendship.  Learn his past years and share yours.  You won't know until you both do that ... share that... and enjoy the moments you have together ... now.

Don't build up hopes, but don't dismiss the either.  Life may have brought you together for a reason.  Listen, learn, love, and enjoy the possibilities.  If you don't leave with a true love, you may leave with a friend. 

Anything is possible and you need to go with your heart.  Your head can catch up later.  Don't worry and enjoy a moment when it happens.  Life is short. 

Dang ... I sound like a shrink.  LOL  Checks in the mail, right? 

Blessings on whatever you decide @LilacTree, but I'd give it a try.  Ya' just never know. Smiley Wink

If he ends up being a jerk ... just let us know!  We'll track him down! Smiley Happy

@Preds

I don't know what I'd do without you folks, really, I mean that from my heart.  Do you realize you are dealing with a woman who will be 80 years old in a year and a half?  I never even thought I would live to be this age, let alone be having a conversation like this one.

I think I may send him a real note with a photo in it first and see if I get any response.  I have sent him birthday cards in the past and received no response.  Also photos of my girls and received no response.  I may get up the courage to try one more time.  I give it a 10/90 chance, but I may try.

Hopefully, I will get over this melancholy before that.  I wish I had an intermediary who knows both of us, but I don't.  I really do want just a friendship, an appreciation of what we had so long ago.  I can't imagine anything else.

@Preds, your response is pretty much the same as everyone else's . . . you can't all be wrong, right?  All I have to lose is some pride, and at this age, that's a rather small thing.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

possible...yes.

Everyone needs company and a friend at the least. 

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@LilacTree.

Pertaining to your ending question. I can only answer for myself. Two of my very good present friends are females and we were "couples" many years ago. Our "friendships" did not end when our relationships ended. As far as "men"? Probably testosterone levels.    =^..^=

hckynut(john)

@hckynut

Ha ha ha . . . you're a hoot, John!! 

Formerly Ford1224