Honored Contributor

Re: Do you think it's possible . . .

Wow...four years, huh?  Time is just flying by!

If you are certain he's unattached, I say give it a whirl.  

Honored Contributor

i do believe it is possible, but for those saying to "go for it," has @LilacTree said for sure that this man is available?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

do think it is possible to reignite an old flame.  I also think it's sad to not try if the opportunity comes around.  

@LilacTree  If this man is available, meaning unattached, free-and clear, what would be wrong with just touching base to say, "hello, been thinking of you"?  Put the ball in his court and see if he runs with it.    After all, how do you know he isn't thinking and mooning about you, too?  What if both of you spend the rest of your lives wondering, "what if"?  See what I mean about it being sad?

@IamMrsG

I imagine he is still available.  He would never marry, that much I know.  The thing is, even though I still look nice, what would he think of my disfigured hand?  And my physical limitations?  And the fact that I can't cook "gourmet" meals (he used to call them) anymore?

THANK YOU ALL FOR "MUSING" WITH ME!! 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

This  is a little off topic.

My parents divorced when I was 12 after 20 years of marriage. They both remarried. My Father divorced his second wife , my Mother's second husband died a few years later. My parents remained friends for many years after that.  My Mother died about 12 years ago....my Father last year at age 95.   They were both layed to rest next to each other. Some 40   years later they are now together again. My Father arranged it with my Mother's approval prior to her passing. 

They really always loved one another.....but life and bad feelings got in the way.  My Mother always would tell me in secret that she always would love my Father to end of time.   I hope they are happy now wherever they are.

@SeaMaiden

How lovely.  Life is so confusing, isn't it?

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I dated my DH all the way through Junior high & high school, then over the year I had to wait to go to nursing school we broke up. He wanted to get married - i was only 16 - that's why I had to wait for nursing school . Anyway , I had always wanted to be a nurse, I had a full schlorship  had worked very hard for, and I intended to go. I married someone else and my HS boyfriend had moved away and was living with someone else. When I was 30 my husband died suddenly and my old boyfriend happened to be in town because his Mom was ill. Our friendship rekindled and after a few months his Mom was dying so he guit his job & broke up with his girlfriend and came home to be with his Mom.After a couple years we again started to be romantically involved and have now been married 33 years. I was never sorry for the time we were apart - my first marriage was  great - we travelled all around the world and my memories are treasures to me.I also have two wonderful stepchildren and 2 grand children from that marriage.But it is possible to rekndle a relationship.

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@IamMrsG wrote:

do think it is possible to reignite an old flame.  I also think it's sad to not try if the opportunity comes around.  

@LilacTree  If this man is available, meaning unattached, free-and clear, what would be wrong with just touching base to say, "hello, been thinking of you"?  Put the ball in his court and see if he runs with it.    After all, how do you know he isn't thinking and mooning about you, too?  What if both of you spend the rest of your lives wondering, "what if"?  See what I mean about it being sad?

@IamMrsG

I imagine he is still available.  He would never marry, that much I know.  The thing is, even though I still look nice, what would he think of my disfigured hand?  And my physical limitations?  And the fact that I can't cook "gourmet" meals (he used to call them) anymore?

Ford, I remember your posts about him. You broke off the relationship if I remember correctly? I have a gut feeling that you should connect with him if he is willing. You have shared here about him many times and he sounded like a warm and nice guy. Even if you are just restablishing the friendship, it would be nice for you to have someone from the past in your life today.

Over the years, I have found that we see in each other all the same things we used to. When I see my husband's face, I see no lines or the hair he complains he is losing......I see his handsome, boyish face that made me fall in love with him from the first glance. I know I have changed immensely yet he still calls me his Scarlett when I no longer look the slightest bit like "that girl." We are back in time as I suspect you and your sweetheart will be if you see one another again. Your hands will be the last thing he is concerned about.....rather a renewal of life and all it holds going towards the future.

Please give it a try and keep us posted. You deserve only the best in life and you only have to take the first step and reach out to him.Heart

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree

Depends on their ages 24 years ago. If they were 36 years old 24 years ago, I could see a possible revival. If they were in their middle teens? My odds would tell me revival would be much less likely.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@LilacTree

Depends on their ages 24 years ago. If they were 36 years old 24 years ago, I could see a possible revival. If they were in their middle teens? My odds would tell me revival would be much less likely.

hckynut(john)

@hckynut

John, he was 34 and I was 44 when we met.  Our relationship lasted 12 years.  That ten-year age difference meant nothing then, as I always looked younger and he always looked older than our ages.  He also loved my girls and we considered him part of the family even though we never lived together.

I broke his heart and it took him a long time to get over it.  I wanted to stay "friends" but I guess men just can't do that.  His love turned to, well, something else. 

You tell me . . . why can't men just be friends?  [You don't have to answer that, LOL.]

Formerly Ford1224
Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree  "Musing with you?"  I hope not!

"Life is short and happiness is scarce."  Grab all you can when you can!

There is also a popular Merle Haggard song called, "Today I Started Loving You Again!"

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@IamMrsG wrote:

@IamMrsG

Ford, I remember your posts about him. You broke off the relationship if I remember correctly? I have a gut feeling that you should connect with him if he is willing. You have shared here about him many times and he sounded like a warm and nice guy. Even if you are just restablishing the friendship, it would be nice for you to have someone from the past in your life today.

Over the years, I have found that we see in each other all the same things we used to. When I see my husband's face, I see no lines or the hair he complains he is losing......I see his handsome, boyish face that made me fall in love with him from the first glance. I know I have changed immensely yet he still calls me his Scarlett when I no longer look the slightest bit like "that girl." We are back in time as I suspect you and your sweetheart will be if you see one another again. Your hands will be the last thing he is concerned about.....rather a renewal of life and all it holds going towards the future.

Please give it a try and keep us posted. You deserve only the best in life and you only have to take the first step and reach out to him.Heart

@IamMrsG

Read my post to hckynut (John).  That's all I dare say right now.  If my feelings continue, I will surely let you know.  I doubt I can do this though, I am too afraid of his rejection.  I think I am just very lonely.

Thank you so much for your lovely response . . . you are a lucky woman. 

Formerly Ford1224