Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you think it's possible . . .

yes

Honored Contributor

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!! : )

Esteemed Contributor

"But that was yesterday"  and you don't know what may or may not have changed since then.  

My friend's favorite saying is, "What a difference a day makes."  Wishing you happiness!

Respected Contributor

Yes, I believe anything is possible!

Respected Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@LilacTree

Depends on their ages 24 years ago. If they were 36 years old 24 years ago, I could see a possible revival. If they were in their middle teens? My odds would tell me revival would be much less likely.

hckynut(john)

@hckynut

John, he was 34 and I was 44 when we met.  Our relationship lasted 12 years.  That ten-year age difference meant nothing then, as I always looked younger and he always looked older than our ages.  He also loved my girls and we considered him part of the family even though we never lived together.

I broke his heart and it took him a long time to get over it.  I wanted to stay "friends" but I guess men just can't do that.  His love turned to, well, something else. 

You tell me . . . why can't men just be friends?  [You don't have to answer that, LOL.]

@LilacTree - That is so true!  Men cannot be just "friends"!  I met a man waiting for takeout at a restaurant.  The orders were taking so long we got to talking and just laughed the entire time we waited.  We ran into each other on the street one day and had dinner together.  He was the most interesting person to talk to and I think I miss that the most - but I was not physically attracted to him.  I helped him redecorate his new condo, picked out paint, carpet, furniture.  We had a great time together but he could not accept the fact that I wasn't attracted to him that way.  I still miss our talks, calling each other when the news was on to discuss something that had happened.  I think we all have our regrets in life.  I know he would have probably treated me like a queen. 

Honored Contributor

I don't know, but if you love him suggests giving it a try. If he isn't interested you are no worse off than you are now. I think its better to find out than to what if about it. Good luck, it might be the happiest time of your life

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Preds wrote:

I have sent him birthday cards in the past and received no response.  Also photos of my girls and received no response.

I think this is the answer to your question @LilacTree. It doesn't appear that he is interested enough to go back to those "good years".  I'm sorry if this sounds cold, but he is not remebering those times the same way you are.  Perhaps he can't.  You are still mentally active, but maybe he isn't.  I would think that he would have reached out at some point and time if he were interested and that hasn't happened. 

Blessings on whatever you decide. 

Well  it's  wrap....lol    He isn't interested in you.  Keep your dignity and stop pursuing the man.  

@chrystaltree

Actually I haven't tried to contact him in any way for a long time, probably eight years. 

@Preds

Preds is right and so are you.  I think I needed that wakeup call yesterday to end my melancholy.  I don't want a man, don't need a man . . . I was just reliving the past, one of my happier periods.  I am in the "old old" category now, not too many years left, if "years" at all.  It's scary. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

If it weren't possible there'd be no true love! I believe love never goes away, it just hibernates for a while! All you have to do is believe!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LilacTree wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Preds wrote:

I have sent him birthday cards in the past and received no response.  Also photos of my girls and received no response.

I think this is the answer to your question @LilacTree. It doesn't appear that he is interested enough to go back to those "good years".  I'm sorry if this sounds cold, but he is not remebering those times the same way you are.  Perhaps he can't.  You are still mentally active, but maybe he isn't.  I would think that he would have reached out at some point and time if he were interested and that hasn't happened. 

Well  it's  wrap....lol    He isn't interested in you.  Keep your dignity and stop pursuing the man.  

@chrystaltree

Actually I haven't tried to contact him in any way for a long time, probably eight years. 

@Preds

Preds is right and so are you.  I think I needed that wakeup call yesterday to end my melancholy.  I don't want a man, don't need a man . . . I was just reliving the past, one of my happier periods.  I am in the "old old" category now, not too many years left, if "years" at all.  It's scary. 

@LilacTreeI really wish you would stop with the age thing. (said in a pleasant tone of voice) You are not so old that you cannot have a new good friend back in your life. You are every bit as vital as you always were and just because you are in your 70's should you rule out a good man in your life. I know men in their 90's who have a woman in their life. They used to attend meetings with my dad for the Knights of Columbus and they held dances and even if some could barely walk they attended. It's much more about being a part of life and enjoying every day.

Please, please don't give up and let anyone tell you here that you need to keep your dignity. The heck with dignity....you would probably benefit greatly from having this man back in your life. Nothing ventured ...nothing won. I hope you will do something about it and stop thinking that you are "old." There are plenty of "old" people that I know with lots of illnesses that continue to keep up their friendships. Just think of this man as a past love that you want to be friends with. I think you are doing yourself a vast injustice if you don't try and contact him.

Looking forward to seeing a thread from you about the outcome. At least you tried....think of it that way.Heart

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Preds wrote:

@chrystaltree

@Preds

@LilacTreeI really wish you would stop with the age thing. (said in a pleasant tone of voice) You are not so old that you cannot have a new good friend back in your life. You are every bit as vital as you always were and just because you are in your 70's should you rule out a good man in your life. I know men in their 90's who have a woman in their life. They used to attend meetings with my dad for the Knights of Columbus and they held dances and even if some could barely walk they attended. It's much more about being a part of life and enjoying every day.

Please, please don't give up and let anyone tell you here that you need to keep your dignity. The heck with dignity....you would probably benefit greatly from having this man back in your life. Nothing ventured ...nothing won. I hope you will do something about it and stop thinking that you are "old." There are plenty of "old" people that I know with lots of illnesses that continue to keep up their friendships. Just think of this man as a past love that you want to be friends with. I think you are doing yourself a vast injustice if you don't try and contact him.

Looking forward to seeing a thread from you about the outcome. At least you tried....think of it that way.Heart

@Trinity11

I know, trinity . . . I am such a bore.  I don't blame anyone for thinking that (not saying you do). 

I'm an impetuous person . . . most likely the only way I would do this is to just suddenly pick up the phone and call.  The more I agonize and plan, the less likely I am to do it (or anything else for that matter).

Thank you for your heartfelt response.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986