Honored Contributor

Re: Do you mind days that are dark and cloudy?

@MoJoV wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE. Give me cold, dark, dreary, rainy kinda days every day with cool temps. Heaven for me. If only I good find such a place.....

You would love November in Chicago!  I know I do.

@MoJoV    I left Chicago permanently.....after the Blizzard of '67!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

When it's really sunny outside, I love to throw the windows open and clean, clean, clean.

When it's really cloudy and dark outside, then I love to bake, bake, bake. For some reason, clouds really put me in a baking mood.

Honored Contributor

I do not do well when we have an extended period of dark, dreary days.  I get depressed and snarkier than usual.  

Esteemed Contributor

Although I usually feel a bit melancholy, I don't mind them now and then...good for snuggling...and for California dreamin'.  I also like a rainy day now and then...and I "don't mind if you cry a tear or two."

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

Dark and cloudy days are my favorite! Really. I like them even better if it's cold and rainy. I don't care for sunny days. I find those days to be annoying. Honest. i'm not trying to be funny; I honestly feel this way.

Esteemed Contributor

I really like cool, cloudy, dark days!!   We get over 250 days with some sun a year!!  Many of those days are sun all day long.  Very little rain...about 8 inches a year.  So a dark, cool, cloudy day is a pleasure. Love a slow, steady rain...so long as I don't have to be out driving in the traffic!!

Respected Contributor

I like them unless there are too many in a row! I can take a couple of days a month, but too many gets me down! My ds bought me a "happy light"! It has a special bulb that tricks your body into thinking its sun light! (I think!). Anyway, I turn it on when there have been more than two days in a row of dreary weather.

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

Generally, no, I have traditionally been happier and more energetic in cool, overcast weather because I lived my entire life up to a few months ago in very hot & sunny country.

Now that I've moved and have just spent 2-1/2 months barely seeing the sun, I'm still fine with it (love fog!) , but it does get a tiny bit old after 2 solid months. Doesn't make me want to get up and go out and "do."

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

I love the rainy days.  Yesterday morning was so nice to lay in bed and listen to the rain.  I loved it.  Although, I can only handle a couple of rainy days in a row because it starts to give me headaches.

Honored Contributor

I do better when it is bright and sunny out. I have always been someone who dislikes rain...