Honored Contributor

Do you mind days that are dark and cloudy?

I have always like them. It's a good thing ,because my state is the 3rd in the nation for cloudy days

I understand there are people who don't do well ,with a lack of sun. But I always love a sky full of clouds. Bright sunny days aren't my cup of tea.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you mind days that are dark and cloudy?

I don't like them at all.  We are having a very blah day today.  It was cold when I woke up and it's cloudy and now raining. 

I don't mind those days on the weekend because they are good for either lying around and doing nothing or it motivates me to clean my house.  LOL

But I really don't like cloudy, yucky days I have to get up and go to work. 

Esteemed Contributor

Good grief, I could not live in a place that is cloudy all the time, anymore!  I find it depressing. An occasional rainy day is nice to get things done around the house, but often cloudy and dark??  YUCK!

Respected Contributor

I love them because we so seldom have them. On the odd chance that we have a few cloudy days in a row however, I'm ready for that beautiful sunshine again.

Trusted Contributor

I miss those kind of days !! I live in Ca and am so sick of sunshine. I grew up in Ohio and really miss cloudy days and the thunderstorms we used to get. It gets so hot where i live we don't go out much until evening. not much fun staying iside all day, especially for my dogs.

Honored Contributor

I enjoy a  little bit of everything.

Respected Contributor

Our rain season is coming to an end and I am enjoying the return of bright sunny days in Fl.

Honored Contributor

@dogsx3 wrote:

I miss those kind of days !! I live in Ca and am so sick of sunshine. I grew up in Ohio and really miss cloudy days and the thunderstorms we used to get. It gets so hot where i live we don't go out much until evening. not much fun staying iside all day, especially for my dogs.

My Aunt was the same way as you. She lived in Ohio and also moved to Ca. She used to say the Da-- sunshine, and everyone would laugh

Honored Contributor

I HATE dark and cloudy and I'm adding---rainy too. That is all we get here in WA state during most the year. I sit under a "happy" light at my computer as that kind of weather depresses me. We are talking weeks on end of constant grey and rain. Would move to warm and sunny in a hearbeat if I could.

Honored Contributor

No, they're a nice change of pace from the usual where I am and I generally like them. They say "fall" to me and I find them somehow comforting, maybe because I associate them with warm and cozy fall things.

I will say, they're weird while I'm at the office, though. I work in a huge complex with many buildings connected by long windowed hallways. Where I sit, I am bathed in fluorescent light all day and have no idea of it's light or dark outside. When I walk to the cafeteria, I go through the long, windowed corridor and it's very dark The cafeteria is a multi-story open floor plan with huge windows looking out into a large open space with grass, trees, and a winding water feature. It's usually very beautiful, but when I come out of the fluorescent lights and look from inside to out on a very dark day, it looks like like a scene from a horror movie, where the darkness suddenly absorbs the whole town.