Respected Contributor

Re: Do you keep your fingernails and toenails painted?

Both in the Spring/Summer. Fingernails all year round.

Super Contributor

On 7/7/2014 tansy said:
The pink gel coat? I had to stop using that because it was weakening my nails. Too bad because I liked the look.

Yep. I love the look too.

Honored Contributor

On 7/7/2014 SnarkyLips said:
On 7/7/2014 tansy said:
The pink gel coat? I had to stop using that because it was weakening my nails. Too bad because I liked the look.

Yep. I love the look too.

Let me know how it goes after you've been wearing it for several months.
Honored Contributor

On 7/7/2014 shesallthat said:

toes polished - not fingers. i am always doing too much DIY around here! it would take too much work to keep nails polished and pretty.

and hearing someone refer to it as ""painted"" is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me! my mom always corrected us - nails are polished. housed are painted.

We've had heated discussions whether or not you polish or paint your nails. I polish my nails with nail POLISH.

Respected Contributor

I'm with you, and I love the crystal nail files. Ever since I discovered them, on the Q, actually and ordered them. They are wonderful for your nails. My nails have no polish, toes or fingers. I was using Sally Hanson clear of some kind. Now I shorten them and use a buffer and they look great.

My problem is I have the nails everyone wants. Hard, smooth, don't chip, but they grow out so fast.Right now they are long. It is amazing because I had chemo all last year, that I thought would weaken them. It did for awhile, but now they are good.

I would like a very pale polish right now. on NOTW in Beauty forums, she talks about a lot of polishes. Very good.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Respected Contributor

Never.

Super Contributor

always on both. I can't remember the last time I had naked nails. For me, it's just the finishing touch on a polished appearance.

I don't match the colors though. They have to "go together", but not match.

Super Contributor

I do my own. Pedicure always, although I'll give a 'breather' for a day or two inbetween. Manicure - depends for color. But always a clear topcoat.

I've only had one professional manicure in my life.

Trusted Contributor

I got tired of turning myself into a pretzel to cut and file my toenails, and started getting pedicures with polish about 10 years ago. Fingernails soon followed! Gel was wonderful, since I ruin a manicure in hours, but the acetone soak weakened my nails. So now it's a pedicure every few weeks, usually with a light pink manicure, and a gel only for special occasions. But with so many fun colors out now to play with, it's hard to choose! Luckily the price is reasonable - $43 for both if I get a gel manicure, $33 for both if not. After I retire, we'll see!
Respected Contributor

Standing appointment.....mani/pedi every Friday morning.