Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have some music you listen to to fall asleep?

No, but while I'm here........

I was going to start a thread about beautiful, old-fashioned (classic) songs.

One that moved me when watching an episode of 'The Nanny' is  "I Remember You" song by Lainie Kazan.

I hadn't heard that song in ages.  

Beautiful rendition by Lainie Kazan.

Try to find it on YouTube.  It was heartfelt  perfection.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

I'm one of those that needs complete darkness and quiet. 

Honored Contributor

@cheriere wrote:

I like fall asleep to the tv on low.  I know it's probably not great to do though.🌸

@cheriere 

i have been doing this for YEARS!

i dont know if it is great or not, but it sure does work for me.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

We have a white noise maker set on ocean sounds.

@ECBG,

I just put the sound machine on ocean for my grandkids. One likes thunder and one white noise so we compromised.

I like thunder and have that on every night even when I'm listening to music which is not every night.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

On my phone on YouTube there is LaLuna, it shows beautiful scenes and wonderfully calming music.  The scenes can be the planets out in dark space or snow falling, lots of choices. I watch for awhile then listen then I'm out. 

@MoJoV,

That sounds really nice.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

I grew up without a/c but my mother always had a cassock fan by our beds; I think that's what started my need for that sound to get me to sleep. I'm a good sleeper and don't usually toss & turn, falling asleep within 5 or 10 minutes. I used to have a CD by R Carlos Nakai, Native American flute music, that I would play but since I still need the fan sound to sleep, not sure it helped much. My second choice would be to listen to my Secret Garden Pandora station. After having to put the fan in my closet in the winter for years, getting the sound without the cold air, I finally got a noise machine. I carry it everytime I go out of town, too. I have to use the fan sound, the ocean or rain feature would make me get up even more often during the night to visit the bathroom! Since they make fans so quiet now, it's difficult to get one loud enough for me so this little machine is wonderful for me. Going to sleep with the TV on makes me have dreams that I'm in the episode so, as much as I love L&O, this just doesn't work for me.

Honored Contributor

I turn on talk radio---about as boring as you can get---I also have a small fan in my window for the white noise so that  blots out any ridiculous thing from talk radio--I just need the low monitones--,I don't comprehend the talk as the volume is very low and the fan is on I and sometimes I end up turning it off sometime during the night.

Honored Contributor

I don't listen to music to fall asleep.  I enjoy relaxing watching tv.  Sometimes I fall asleep with it on.  Sometimes I turn it off. 

Honored Contributor

Watching people put up tents, esp. in winter, and seeing them in nice and cozy inside the tents.  Even got my husband hooked. LOL.  Not hard.  On You Tube.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Forgot, I do like old Jazz music.  Esp. saxaphone.It's like the kind you might have drinks to & set around little small tables and just listen to them do a set.

Kenny G., like him in the daytime for Jazz.