Honored Contributor

Do you have a financial advisor?

Just curious how many of you do.  Hubby and I are going to talk to one next week about retirement plans and the best path to take. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a financial advisor?

Yes.  We've had a couple in earlier stages in our life.  We need to meet with one to set up a trust for our teen son in case we "kick it" before he is mature enough to handle the dough.  It is really a good idea and a reality check on one's own finances.....and very comforting too....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Yes!  He has to OK everything with me but he and my daughter work together.  He works for a huge investment company.  He puts money in my account (agreed amount) every month.  I don't spend the principal only the the interest.

If I need extra money I call and someone puts it in my checking account.  It's simple.

Super Contributor

I do. It's my husband. That's literally his job!

Honored Contributor

yes, we have a financial advisor, a family lawyer, and a cpa.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

We divorced our financial advisor and now use Schwab. We've been very pleased with their services.

A reminder when looking for a financial advisor: Fee-only.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

An estate lawyer and a guy at UBS.  My son for a back up.

Respected Contributor

No we didn't need one. Yes we did. My son is a financial advisor.

Esteemed Contributor

No.

While I have investment accounts, they aren't that complicated. Besides, you should never invest in something you don't understand. 

My lawyer is also a great ear to bend when needed. A savvy guy who has great insight into finance as well as where I stand on risk tolerance, etc.

Valued Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Yes!  He has to OK everything with me but he and my daughter work together.  He works for a huge investment company.  He puts money in my account (agreed amount) every month.  I don't spend the principal only the the interest.

If I need extra money I call and someone puts it in my checking account.  It's simple.

If I need extra money would he some in my checking accountSmiley Very HappySmiley Wink