Honored Contributor

Re: Do you get told you look like someone famous?

I used to be told I looked like someone (I'm not saying who).  However, all of my life I've had strangers come up to me saying, "I know you".  I'd say, "No you don't.  I don't know you".  They often persist.  It drives me crazy.  

These are total strangers I've never met.  Then they're like, "Did you live so and so?  Did you go to this school"?  You have no idea how often it happens.  Crazy, really.

People never forget me either.  I can go somewhere (say in a store) and not go back for even months or a year) and the clerk will say, "I remember when you came in".  Can you believe it?

Just a few weeks ago I was in a 7-11 when a lady in front of me said, "I know you".  I said, "No, I don't know you".  She said, "Did you have children who went to so and so school?"  I said, "My girls are in their 40's now".  She said, "No, give me a minute".  Then, I swear to you, she said, "I worked for Dr. So and So (he's an orthodontist) and she said, "I remember you, your girls went to him".  

My youngest daughter who wore braces wore them when she was 14-17 years old!  But we did go to Dr. So and So, sooooo she does remember me!  (See what I mean)?  This daughter is now 36 years old!

It was always a joke in my family.  It has always driven me crazy.

I had someone tell me that I was an 'old soul'.  That my soul has traveled with a large group of people often and that's how people know me....that's why they can't place it but keep insisting they know me.

Weird, huh?

Honored Contributor

Not for many years, but when the sitcom "One Day At a Time" was popular I was told several times I looked like Bonnie Franklin.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Contributor

I have often been told that I look like Anouk Aimee.

Valued Contributor

@september I adore Meryl-best nose ever!  And an intellect in life-

1977 (I think) The Good-Bye Girl movie with Marsha Mason-My husband and I were skiing and everyone started whistling-yelling they loved the movie-in the gondola barn they were clapping and yelling  Marsha! My husband and I went to see the movie and I walked out, sat in the car and cried!!!! Not the look I was hoping for...!!!!

I grew my hair out,  had it colored blonde and never heard it again.

Last summer, shopping in the Hampton's, a little girl approached me and asked me for my autograph-Who am I, I asked-

She responded, "I don't know!" 

LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes several random strangers over the years have said I look alot like an actress of which the name I was not familar with but they all told me it is some long blonde hair chick from the CSI miami tv series. I have no idea since I've never watched that tv show. I kept meaning to look her up but  I always forget the name!

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

Yes several random strangers over the years have said I look alot like an actress of which the name I was not familar with but they all told me it is some long blonde hair chick from the CSI miami tv series. I have no idea since I've never watched that tv show. I kept meaning to look her up but  I always forget the name!

Emily Procter.  She's really pretty!

Honored Contributor

Wow..it's happened to so many of us.  And all the actresses mentioned are attractive women, so we should enjoy these compliments!

Trusted Contributor

Back in the day when Dallas was such a big hit, several people told me I  Iooked like Victoria Principal.  And coincidently, my given name is Victoria.  lol

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VanSleepy wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

Emily Procter.  She's really pretty!

YES, that is the name!! Thanks! I will go look her up now.

ETA: Okay I looked her up, wow there were some pretty saucey pictures when I googled the name, lol! Anyway, I can kind of see some similar features but she is quite pretty and I only wish I was as pretty as her!

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze I tried to heart your post, but I guess I already did before you edited, so it revoked my heart when I clicked it a second time...then I tried to give you one again.  I don't know if you're notified when it's revoked, but it was an accident lol.  I don't like that new feature.