Honored Contributor

Re: Do you get told you look like someone famous?

No, not a famous person, but I have been mistaken for someone else several times.   Over 40 years ago, I was hired for a clerical support job at a local college.   Shortly after I started the job, the first session of summer school started, and whenever I walked across campus running errands, students would speak, or yell "Hi MaryBeth, and wave at me.   Several students came running over to me, very excited to see and talk to MaryBeth, only to realize I was not who they thought I was.  It happened so many times over the summer, I asked my boss if he knew MaryBeth, and did I look that much like her.   His response was no.

When the fall semester started, I got to meet MaryBeth.  She walked into my office and introduced herself, because several students told her about seeing me on campus and thinking it was her, so she was as curious about me as I was about her!   I quickly decided some of her friends didn't know her as well as they thought, because our only similarities were red hair and freckles.   MaryBeth was at least 4 inches taller than me, had a lot more freckles, and her strawberry blonde hair was in a ponytail halfway down her back, whereas my hair was auburn and barely touched my shirt collar.   

Honored Contributor

When I was in my 20's/30's, I was often told I looked like Carolyn Jones.

Best known as Morticia Addams.

New Contributor

I was in Las Vegas a few years ago and I had a lady come up to me in the hotel lobby and asked if I was Rose from Two and a Half Men...I responded, "Oh, Charlie," like Rose would with her little girl voice.... LOL!  I said no, but I'm flattered.  When I tell my family and friends that story, they totally see it.  I, of course, don't.

Valued Contributor

Watched all the Twilight movies, and there was something about Kristen Stewart (the long dark hair) that always felt familiar.  I realized I looked a little like her when I was her age.  I don't know if it is her eyes or what.   

Super Contributor

Vanessa Williams back when she won and lost the Miss America pageant. I got it from strangers and friends quite often. And, even within the last few years from a waitress at a restaurant  It had been awhile since I'd heard that. Made me feel good because I thought I'd aged out of looking like her. I could see it a little, but not nearly as much as others. However, it was flattering.

Respected Contributor

Mary Travers.......Peter, Paul and Mary.....

Respected Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

Mary Travers.......Peter, Paul and Mary.....

I remember you posted your picture awhile back and I agree.  

Esteemed Contributor

I've been told several times that I look like Elizabeth Taylor ~ however ~ I imagine anyone with dark hair and dark brows gets told the same thing ~ LOL!

Honored Contributor

In my early twenties, l was told l looked like a young Mary Tyler Moore. Later, it was Cher. (It must have been the hair). Now, l guess l just look like myself, lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Like Annabelle, I get told I resemble someone they know. It's funny, the last one was this really sweet gal, who said I reminded her of her grandmother. I was flattered, since I think the gal is so sweet and I'd be happy to be her grandmother.