Frequent Contributor

Re: Do you get told you look like someone famous?

Yes, back in the day I was told I looked like Melanie Griffith. I thought our hair had the same look, she is taller than I am and she got some of the most handsome men to marry her. I enjoyed looking like her.

Honored Contributor

My mother had a friend who resembled first lady Barbara Bush.  I don't think people actually thought she was Barbara Bush but they just thought they knew her.  It got her the best seats in restaurants and many little perks along the way.  

Respected Contributor

I was quite young then, a few girlfriends and I went to Wildwood, NJ for Labor Day weekend.  We were walking on the boardwalk and I stopped to have a portrait done.  The guy said I looked like a young Lauren Bacall.  Heard that a few times since then...

Respected Contributor

When the movie Frozen came out, I was told that I looked like Elsa , nearly every where I went. Not as much lately since its been a couple years ago now that the movie was popular. 

Honored Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

When the movie Frozen came out, I was told that I looked like Elsa , nearly every where I went. Not as much lately since its been a couple years ago now that the movie was popular. 

@Azcowgirl

Me, too!  I would have little kids point and say --- look -- there's Elsa! They would be so ecxcited!  I would be smiling and thinking to myself --- oh, boy -- I wish I looked that good!  LOL! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I used to get told at various times in my life that I looked like Goldie Hawn or Olivia Newton John.  I said -- I'll take that!!!!  Woman Wink

Now -- nobody --- too old!  Smiley Sad

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I can think of four entertainers I've been told I look like.  I won't name them because I only look a little like one of them, more like another but not really, and nothing at all like two of them.  People usually say I look like someone because I have similar hair.  That's the case for two of these actresses.  Another has similar eyes and forehead.  The fourth I look nothing like, though I'd like to look like her.  My mother's friend who compared me to her must have needed glasses.  Really.

Respected Contributor

I've had people comment that I look like a "movie star", but I think it's mostly because of what I was wearing. Still, quite a compliment to me. Makes me feel I'm doing something right.

Valued Contributor

I have been told that I look like Andie MacDowell and Jill Goodacre back when they both wore their hair curly.  I don't see it, but I'm happy that other people do!

Valued Contributor

A few years back there was a TV sitcom called "Tool Time".   The actress on that show who played the mom was Patricia Richardson.  I heard over and over again how much I looked like her and even had similar mannerisms.  A friend even insisted on calling me "Jill" like her character.  Since the show is no longer on, I don't hear it anymore.