Honored Contributor

Re: Do you enjoy eating hummus?

@ms traditional

I'm dreaming of returning to Israel - you've turned up the heat!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

I haven't had it in a long time,but I loved it!! I used to eat it with pita bread.Yum!! I may just pick some up, but this time I'll have it with whole wheat pita.

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I haven't had it in a long time,but I loved it!! I used to eat it with pita bread.Yum!! I may just pick some up, but this time I'll have it with whole wheat pita.

Warm pita quarters and hummus, yes!

Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@ms traditional

@Drythe  yes, go!  i was just there in September for friends' daughter's wedding. hadn't been in a few years so drank in every place, every moment, every experience.  i am into archaeology so managed to visit a few new excavations -  one a fortified city of the Kingdom of David overlooking ancient Philistia

http://beholdisrael.org/news-israel/articles/palace-king-david-shaarayim-discovered

and re- visiting City of David which also has new Canaanaite excavations.  when i stand next to the bowels of it, by those towers that date back to Abrahamic times, i am transported.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4506303,00.html

i never tire of going.   go while you can and visit what lights your fire!

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@ms traditional

@Drythe  yes, go!  i was just there in September for friends' daughter's wedding. hadn't been in a few years so drank in every place, every moment, every experience.  i am into archaeology so managed to visit a few new excavations -  one a fortified city of the Kingdom of David overlooking ancient Philistia

http://beholdisrael.org/news-israel/articles/palace-king-david-shaarayim-discovered

and re- visiting City of David which also has new Canaanaite excavations.  when i stand next to the bowels of it, by those towers that date back to Abrahamic times, i am transported.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4506303,00.html

i never tire of going.   go while you can and visit what lights your fire!

@ms traditional

I have been many times and it all ways calls me back.  I was there 2 years ago and I'm sure the City of David excavations are now amazing.  At that time I was able to go into Bethlehem, and the Dome of the Rock.  I wonder about that possibility now.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@ms traditional

I have been many times and it all ways calls me back.  I was there 2 years ago and I'm sure the City of David excavations are now amazing.  At that time I was able to go into Bethlehem, and the Dome of the Rock.  I wonder about that possibility now.

@Drythe things were quiet when i was there - but as you know that can change in an instant. normally i travel a great deal from North to South, East to West, but with the wedding stayed mainly around Jerusalem for 2 weeks.  was plenty busy re-visiting things i had seen 20 years ago and new options -  like the Museum of Christian Zionists/Friends of Zion Museum and the Begin Center.  my list of things yet to do expands while i am there rather than shrinks. love it-  be sure to keep us informed!

Honored Contributor

I don't care for it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love hummus and we eat it all the time. It is so easy to make and IMO I like mine better than most brands I can buy, plus we like extra garlic in ours too. We use the garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, a little olive oil, S&P and a lot of garlic. Sometimes I will roast some red peppers on my stove (put in plastic bag and take off skin) and add that to it. I will also add cayenne pepper, paprika and/or cumin. I like to change it up.  My 2 yr old grandson will eat about 6oz oz all by himself, he LOVES it. I mean LOVES it. We usually eat it with sliced orange, red and green peppers, sliced jalapenos (grandson loves it with these), carrots, celery, scallions, apples, butter lettuce cups, watermelon radishes, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber, jicama, edamame, grape tomatoes, snap peas, etc... I could go on and on. We prefer to eat it with sliced veggies because we love the texture and crunch. OMG, so good. We do occasionally get those pita chips and my grandson likes them with sliced wedges of garlic naan. It is a nice healthy snack not just for him, but all of us especially when you use just veggies. My grandson loves veggies but if you have a child that isn't crazy about raw veggies they may really like them with hummus to dip it in and it is so much healthier than ranch dressing especially if you are using store bought ranch. It is full of junk.

I use my Vitamix to make it but you could use any blender. We make sure not to blend too long. We don't like it too smooth.

I seems to me hummus is a dish that people either love or hate. At least that is what it seems like.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I've never tried hummus. This will sound ridiculous, but I have no interest in trying it.  I've never had chick peas and the name "hummus" is unappealing to me. Ridiculous I know, but there you go. 

This is how I used to feel about tofu @gidgetgh. It is weird because I am not usually the type of person that is afraid to try things but I really was, well, scared to try that. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

I like regular garbanzos but dislike storebought hummus. I can eat a bit of homemade hummus with extra tahini and garlic, but not much.