Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you enjoy eating hummus?

I like the plain Sabra hummus with pita.

Honored Contributor

I buy  a combo of hummus and avocado dip at Costco.  If you just want hummus check Costco  too as they have a great selection and great prices for double the amount.   It is Delicious! 

Honored Contributor

I love hummus, but limited what I can shmear it on since carbs are limited. Used to dip pita the tradional way, now mostly veggies. If I don't make it myself, the store bought always seems to need a squeeze or two of fresh lemon juice. 

Honored Contributor

I don't like chickpeas, period.   I have made a very tasty hummus tho using pinto beans or great northern beans.   

Honored Contributor

Yes ... love it.  Greek olive is my favorite flavor.   (Just finished a container of it yesterday).  I have two more flavors in the fridge:  Pine Nut and Red Pepper.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I love hummus, but limited what I can shmear it on since carbs are limited. Used to dip pita the tradional way, now mostly veggies. If I don't make it myself, the store bought always seems to need a squeeze or two of fresh lemon juice. 

@Shanus .... it makes great "stuffed celery" or take a cucumber, slice down center lengthwise and scoop out seeds.  Fill with hummus!

Honored Contributor

Love it!  My favorite is eggplant hummus from Trader Joes.  I have a sandwich for lunch a couple of times a week that's a piece of tomato basil cheese by Sargento with hummus.

If you eat at Mediterranean restaurants, they usually serve a dollop of hummus with every order.

My other fave sandwich is hummus on one side of toast with fresh veg like avocado slices, spinach leaves and whatever other veg I have around.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus  Chickpeas have  a form of starch resistant fiber The body does not break them down and they pass undigested.   So they are good for low carb diets.  All beans are good this way.

Esteemed Contributor

I love hummus and buy the various flavors. Eating hummus with crackers and other pocket sandwich specialties is great stuff.

Honored Contributor

Have been eating it for years!  Some flavors are much better than others.

Last year I went to a Mediterranean restaurant in Philly with my family.  One of the appetizers we tried was homemade hummus with fresh homemade pita bread.  It was so good!