Respected Contributor

Re: Do you arrive early for work and other events?

[ Edited ]

Yes I do and I am becoming increasingly annoyed with people who arrive late - or just prior - to events that are known to be very popular (e.g., lectures) and then expect to be seated when seats have all been taken.  This is true more and more for folks using canes and walkers.

Just last night I attended a lecture prior to an Opera performance - these are well known to be SRO - and this happened.  Then you have people asking if someone couldn't get up so DH or DW or Mom or Dad can be seated.

I am not at that stage quite yet (I am 67), but i have back issues and I simply cannot stand for a 35 minute lecture in order to accommodate someone who could have gotten there early enough to be seated, but didn't think they should have to.

I should add that if I were in that situation and arrived too late to be seated, I would forego the lecture and go and take my seat for the performance and would not expect someone else to stand so I could sit.

Vent over.

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@151949 wrote:

OK I have to ask this - many here said they like to get to events early so they can pee - I am led to wonder - don't you people pee before you leave home?How often do you all pee?If I go before I leave home I am easily good for about 4 hours before I'll need to go again.I certainly would not have to go again when I arrive if I went before I left home. I'd much rather pee at home before I leave than in a public rest room.

Everyone is different. Something that you are never able to understand. I have to go a lot. It happens. I have never seen my BIL excuse himself for this and we have spent the whole day and whole evening with him. He says he rarely has to go. I must stop now or I will get a time out.

Everyone is different and I use the restroom a lot too and I also notice that others who drink a lot of water through out the day do too. I  go by my weight to determine how much water I should drink and I never drink less than 90 oz of water a day. Usually more than that.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

I tend to run late all of the time.  It's a bad habit that I haven't kicked.

However, if I'm going to an event that I know will be crowded, or if I haven't been to the venue before, I will arrive early.

For doctor appts, I'm usually ten minutes early.

I've never done well with jobs where I have to arrive at a certain time and leave at a certain time.

I'm better working on my own.  The last several years when I worked full time, I had a job where I set my own schedule.

It wasn't important what time I arrived or left.  It was important that I got the work done that I needed to do.

For example, I might arrive at the office at 9am, but stay until 7pm one week.  Or, I might arrive at 8am and leave by 3pm another week.

I excelled in that job and went very far in it.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero