Honored Contributor

Re: Do you arrive early for work and other events?

@Moonchilde wrote:

@151949 wrote:

OK I have to ask this - many here said they like to get to events early so they can pee - I am led to wonder - don't you people pee before you leave home?How often do you all pee?If I go before I leave home I am easily good for about 4 hours before I'll need to go again.I certainly would not have to go again when I arrive if I went before I left home. I'd much rather pee at home before I leave than in a public rest room.

You know, people could choose to respond to this, but I'm taking the (much) higher road than you did in even writing the post, and just LM*O and SMH.

Well, she posted, she gets the "best bladder" award I guess.  Anyone want to try to 4.5 hours?  Five?  LOL!!!  Maybe she trained hers more than some of us. 

Valued Contributor

If I'm not early, but just on time, I feel as if I'm late. I also make a dry run drive if I have an appointment, such as an interview, at a new place. At doctor's appointments I catch up on some magazine reading. It is stressful for me to just be on time...must be early. I have gone to events and then waited in the car a bit because I was too early.  Glad I'm not totally alone!

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@151949 wrote:

OK I have to ask this - many here said they like to get to events early so they can pee - I am led to wonder - don't you people pee before you leave home?How often do you all pee?If I go before I leave home I am easily good for about 4 hours before I'll need to go again.I certainly would not have to go again when I arrive if I went before I left home. I'd much rather pee at home before I leave than in a public rest room.

You know, people could choose to respond to this, but I'm taking the (much) higher road than you did in even writing the post, and just LM*O and SMH.

Well, she posted, she gets the "best bladder" award I guess.  Anyone want to try to 4.5 hours?  Five?  LOL!!!  Maybe she trained hers more than some of us. 

Maybe depends are her friends.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not usually early for an event.  If I'm meeting a friend to eat, etc, I might arrive a little early but entertain myself by reading my cell phone or listening to the radio.  I'm a mom of 3 daughters who danced.  I spent most of their childhood waiting while they danced, etc.

But if it's like a party or something where a lot of people are coming I'm usually slightly late or right on time.

In my family if you are early for an event you are being rude.  We ALL hate it when people come early and we're scrambling around getting ready and have to entertain people who arrive early.  No one ever arrives early in my family.

Just last weekend my daughter had a birthday party for my grandson.  I was there for something else.  There were people who dropped their sons off more than 1 hour early.  The kids just went downstairs and played but it was rude to do that and my daughter was not happy.  However, she has manners and never mentioned it.  

I forgot to add that I think it is rude to arrive late when meeting someone because it's like you think your time is more valuable than their's.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Not usually early for an event.  If I'm meeting a friend to eat, etc, I might arrive a little early but entertain myself by reading my cell phone or listening to the radio.  I'm a mom of 3 daughters who danced.  I spent most of their childhood waiting while they danced, etc.

But if it's like a party or something where a lot of people are coming I'm usually slightly late or right on time.

In my family if you are early for an event you are being rude.  We ALL hate it when people come early and we're scrambling around getting ready and have to entertain people who arrive early.  No one ever arrives early in my family.

Just last weekend my daughter had a birthday party for my grandson.  I was there for something else.  There were people who dropped their sons off more than 1 hour early.  The kids just went downstairs and played but it was rude to do that and my daughter was not happy.  However, she has manners and never mentioned it.  

I didn't think we were talking about arriving at a party or dinner earlier than the specified time. I would never go earlier. For appointments, as I stated in my earlier post, I arrive 5to 10 minutes early. Same with meeting friends, going to movies, theater,etc. I don't think anyone here was talking about going to a party an hour before hand. Unless I misunderstood.

Esteemed Contributor

I get to work 20 - 30 minutes early just to open up, log in and watch the place come alive. Sometimes I take a few laps around the halls. Don't like feeling rushed. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I don't think that I've ever been late in my entire life!! I'm always early.Wherever I go weather it's for personal or business I'm always atleast a half hour early!! 

---------

I might have missed the school bus once, bit I'm like @NicksmomESQ - always early.

Honored Contributor

Yes! I hate being late or right on time. 

Valued Contributor

If I am not 5 minutes early, I'm late.  That's my rule right up there with changing purses on the 1st of every month.  I have got to get a life!

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Honored Contributor

If I get to work an hour early it is because I'm getting paid for overtime. Otherwise I arrive an appropriate 10-15 minutes early. That is about how early I am for other events, too, unless the situation calls for something different.