Trusted Contributor

Re: Do You Live Close To Your Grown Children?

Well my DIL went to get her because my son said GO GET HER NOW..........so she did and her mom just left America and was here for six months so I am trying to remember the age my baby girl was there I guess she was a year old?  I forgot........but she has been back two years so I guess she was a year old and stayed 6 months.......my son could not stand being without her and he loves her so much and I love that aobut him.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am glad I have better things to do than to remember all the people on this board and you are still talking about me, why can you women let it go. I don't bring up your posts even if I don't like them.  I mean you are bound to no matter what I write or where to try and get me banned and and bully me.  Really you should be way over what I said in the past.  To remember all the things I said for years you must be nosey.

Trusted Contributor

Why reagardless of the threads am I brought up about what I said years ago?  This is just insane.

Respected Contributor

I am not sure what has happened to my original post here - suffice it to say thank you Ladies for your great responses I am not interested in other threads being started here so I will again say thank you and sign off.

Esteemed Contributor

@DowntonAbbey wrote:

I am glad I have better things to do than to remember all the people on this board and you are still talking about me, why can you women let it go. I don't bring up your posts even if I don't like them.  I mean you are bound to no matter what I write or where to try and get me banned and and bully me.  Really you should be way over what I said in the past.  To remember all the things I said for years you must be nosey.

Don't pay any attention to those people.  I remember you from years ago.  You never had a bad word to say to anyone.  Stay as nice as you are and the bullies will go after someone else.  They just have nothing else to do.  Don't give them the satisfaction of replying to them.  Take care.  There are people here who remember you and will be kind.

Trusted Contributor

We live about 15 minutes from my daughter, SIL, and two grandbabies.  But they are moving next month and will be over an hour away.

I did daycare for my five year old grandson for his first two years, so we have a very tight bond.  But, I'm also close with my almost two year old granddaughter.  I'm used to seeing them a lot, and this is breaking my heart.

It's not like it's in another state, but I have never liked to drive, and I don't like long highway drives.  The traffic here is crazy.  In addition, my grandson will be in school full time in September, so weekday visits won't be too frequent.

This really has not been my year so far.  I have to have a thyroidectomy in the middle of April, for a low grade papillary cancer.  Then they move two weeks later.  I could just cry.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Respected Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

For the past 13+ years we have lived in a different state away from our married daughter, grand children and newly arrived first great grandchild.  See them about 2/3 times a year.

For the past year or so all of them have been asking us to "come home" back to their state so that we can all see each other and be a complete family together especially our married granddaughter who wants us to enjoy her new baby too.

We have now made the decision and are upping and planning to move in approx 6 mos.  We are all very excited about this new venture but many of our friends here think we are "crazy to move near family", but most of them do not have children.  We love our family and think we are fortunate they want us old uns with them.

My daughter and son in law say we need you guys here to complete us all.

It has surprised me the negative responses we have heard about this - just wondering what general opinions were.

Anyhow we will soon be off.

@dulwich JMO the negative remarks you've received are from people that are thinking of themselves not you because they're going to miss you. 

I'm happy for you, life is to short not to be close and enjoy your family . Let us know when you make the move, blessings Heart 

Honored Contributor

No, and it breaks my heart.  We moved across the country from family years ago and I know it broke my mother's heart - when my son moved away from me I just figured it was payback.  If he ever settles down permanently and asks us to join him I will move in a heartbeat.

~ house cat ~