Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Believe in Past Lives?

Do You Believe in Past Lives?

No, but I have had times where I felt I "have been there before", but know in reality I have not.

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/23/2014 Marienkaefer2 said:

Yes, I believe that as spirit we are on a journey of growth. We come back to learn lessons, work out issues, gain knowledge, become more enlightened.

I agree, Marienkaefer2...

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/23/2014 Yuban3 said:

The show that I was wracking my brain trying to figure out is, "Reincarnation: Past Lives" on LMN.

It's an interesting show.

I'd like to watch the show - what's LMN? is it carried on Fios?

Super Contributor

That's what faith is. It's not scientific. It's a knowledge that you have within you.

I am.an.open minded person regarding Faith and religion. I don't believe there is one right and the others wrong.

I also respect that people don't believe. We are all here on our own journey and that's part of it.

For me, I believe that our spirit is eternal and that we are here to.learn and grow.

So my mantra would be, live your life well, learn from your mistakes, resolve issues. Because you just may have to come back and do it again if you don't. Smiley Happy

Jmo.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

We are here to learn and evolve. Life is like going to school.

Is our spirit evolving, are we learning from our past experiences, challenges and mistakes? We choose to come back and learn lessons so our spirit can grow, evolve and move on to a higher plane. We must also understand the hurt we’ve caused to others in past lives. Some are doomed to repeat past mistakes until they understand the hurt they’ve caused. With some their spirit will live the pain and misery they’ve caused to others never achieving spiritual growth.

There will always be those who don’t believe in the afterlife or don’t believe in spirits/ghosts. They’ll reevaluate when they see their first spirit, have a premonition that comes true or when that special event happens in their life that can’t be explained.

Respected Contributor

On 3/23/2014 SugarNSpice said:

That's what faith is. It's not scientific. It's a knowledge that you have within you.

I am.an.open minded person regarding Faith and religion. I don't believe there is one right and the others wrong.

I also respect that people don't believe. We are all here on our own journey and that's part of it.

For me, I believe that our spirit is eternal and that we are here to.learn and grow.

So my mantra would be, live your life well, learn from your mistakes, resolve issues. Because you just may have to come back and do it again if you don't. Smiley Happy

Jmo.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Is our spirit evolving, are we learning from our past experiences, challenges and mistakes? We choose to come back and learn lessons so our spirit can grow, evolve and move on to a higher plane. We must also understand the hurt we’ve caused to others in past lives. Some are doomed to repeat past mistakes until they understand the hurt they’ve caused. With some their spirit will live the pain and misery they’ve caused to others never achieving spiritual growth.

There will always be those who don’t believe in the afterlife or don’t believe in spirits/ghosts. They’ll reevaluate when they see their first spirit, have a premonition that comes true or when that special event happens in their life that can’t be explained.

or maybe they are correct in their belief and do not need to "reevaluate", because you think they need to. I believe everything can be explained and there is no need for mystical beliefs - our forefathers explained things using mystical beliefs and magic because they didn't know certain things - many of those things are now explainable as we have progressed in our quest for knowledge and facts.

Marienkaefer was stating that she respected those who didn't believe and you gave her a thumbs up, while disrespecting those who do not believe in your last statement.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Respected Contributor

On 3/23/2014 biancardi said:

Jmo.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

or maybe they are correct in their belief and do not need to "reevaluate", because you think they need to. I believe everything can be explained and there is no need for mystical beliefs - our forefathers explained things using mystical beliefs and magic because they didn't know certain things - many of those things are now explainable as we have progressed in our quest for knowledge and facts.

Marienkaefer was stating that she respected those who didn't believe and you gave her a thumbs up, while disrespecting those who do not believe in your last statement.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} And possibly, there are those who had all the premonitions that come true and have seen their "first spirit", and then reevaluated, and came to conclusions other than those that Sugar and Spice or anyone came to.

Respected Contributor

Do I believe in past lives:

No.

Super Contributor

Jmo.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Good posts. The gap between mind, body, and spirit in healing is closing. Whether one is "religious" or not is not an issue. There are many leaders in the field of mind/body/healing who have done tremendous work in guiding people to whole healing. And no, not Dr. Oz or Oprah. lol

{{{Sugar}}} {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Super Contributor

On 3/23/2014 Luv2Decorate said:
On 3/23/2014 RainCityGirl said:

I don't rule anything out, as I have had some deja vu experiences that would hint at past lives. However, it's something that can't be proven. Science is science and beliefs are only beliefs. I'll rely on science for the definitive and entertain the otherworldly ideas as merely a possibility until I cross over to the supposed other side and find either the answers or nothingness.

I know what you are saying... I had deja vu the first time I went to Italy. My husband and I were in Northern Italy (Bergamo) and it was all familiar to me. It was so odd and I couldn't explain it. My husband would just look at me in a shocked look. Ha! It was so weird, but I had a sense of calm and familiarity that you have when you are home sitting in your backyard.

That happened to me in Hexham, England, Northumberland, along Hadrian's wall. I knew I had Scottish roots, but wasn't sure at the time exactly where in Scotland they were. When I got up to Hadrian's Wall and walked the trail, and also when I stayed in Hexham, I had this very strong feeling that I had been there before, particularly when I looked into Scotland from the wall itself. It wasn't until years later when genealogy opened up on the internet that I discovered one branch of my Scottish roots were a clan that settled just over the border from England, right where I was staying. This is only one of many deja vu experiences I have had.

Honored Contributor

Past lives? No.