Esteemed Contributor

Re: Disgusted with UPS and USPS

After many years of bad service...I have 2 very good USPS and UPS guys on my route....very nice and careful with my packages......hope they stick around for awhile!

Valued Contributor

This has been a big issue for me too.  Ever try to pry 6 items of clothing plus your mail from a mailbox?  Ugh. 

UPS always delivers it to the door, but when they transfer it to the USPS it's a nighmare.  It also takes forever that way.  It sits at the PO for 3 days before they stuff it in the mailbox.

Customers are going to get tired of that, and will order from other places.

Honored Contributor

UPS and USPS now have contracts about delivering packages.

If a package is delivered to your post office on one day then you should get it the next day.

The mail leaves pretty early and UPS and Fedex may deliver later in the day to the post office.

Try talking to your mailman or woman and UPS driver to put your packages somewhere secure.

There are also contract drivers that don't even work for the post office but deliver their mail.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

There are no package boxes in SF

Then how does the post office deliver your packages?

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@151949   I did call them and chewed them out.  I have lived here for 13 years and never had a package delivered like that.   They apologized.   I said pretty bad when you have to come home, and get a butcher knife to cut your package out of the mailbox.  

There is an old saying - you can catch more bees with honey than vinegar.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@151949   I did call them and chewed them out.  I have lived here for 13 years and never had a package delivered like that.   They apologized.   I said pretty bad when you have to come home, and get a butcher knife to cut your package out of the mailbox.  

There is an old saying - you can catch more bees with honey than vinegar.

@151949

Did you not read about her plight? Anyone would have chewed them out too especially at having to dig one's package out out the mailbox! She had every right to be angry!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

When I lived in the city, the USPS was so awful that I switched to private mailbox stores just to be sure I received what I ordered. The PO branch that handled my mail had the worst reputation and complaint rate in the city (lucky me). 

Where I am now, both the UPS and USPS people seem not to have job turnover and both get out of their trucks and leave large packages either at the front door or at/just inside the garage. Have never had trustworthy service before - lucky!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

I've always had a good service from UPS and USPS. 

When UPS left a baby's crib by mistake on my porch, I just let my neighbor's know that I received it by mistake and they came and picked it up. 

Occasionally, mail will get mixed up - but not often.

Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

Boxes from UPS looks like someone was playing toss the box.  Today I go to my mailbox and there is a package shoved in so tight, I could not get it out.  I had to come back home, and get a knife and cut the box out of my mailbox.  Worst part is we have large boxes at the end , that if a package is too big they put it in there, then put the key into your small box.  All boxes were empty and I have never seen them all full unless it is Christmas. Last week I had an angel delivered by UPS that was smashed to pieces!

It is a shame what we have to pay for postage and then have our packages delivered like this?  I called them and chewed them out.   ARGH!

That's where my mailman went.     I guess they don't realize there's a lip on the front or it's too much work to walk around and put stuff in the larger box. He also kept delivering the neighbors mail.  She was having a fit over it. Thankfully that guy is gone and the new one  has been good.

UPS has always been good for me.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

There are no package boxes in SF

Then how does the post office deliver your packages?

@151949

They come to your door, knock and hand it to you.  If you are not home, they put it somewhere it doesn't show.  Usually they know their people and ask where you want it left.

I know, I know it doesn't sound safe, but in all the years we've owned this home, we've never had a package taken.

On the other hand, our fabulous UPS guy leaves a little post-it down low where no one can see it unless they come up our stairs.  It's left blank and it means he has put a package in an unseeable place only he and DH and I know.

I don't even know what a package box is.