Trusted Contributor

Diffuser Oil aka Reed Diffuser or Ceramic Flowers oil?

I have a few diffuser oil containers and three are flowers.......one scent is Primrose and it is lovely..........I think they are expensive. These were gifts and I can't believe how fast the scent is gone...maybe one month........so can you use any diffuser oil?  Walmart had some today I saw for $4 but it was small and I got one of those but when the oil is in the ceramic flowers it is probably going to stay in that flower for awhile after the scent is out of the container YET........I like changing fragrance........Suggestions please?  I only one have with the wooden reeds.......that fragance is Coconut Milk I think.......it is heavenly but it does not last long again...........so ideas and suggestions please and thank you.  DO YOU LIKE USING THOSE?  It seems like I went from the Wall Flower to Soy Candles and now Flameless Candles and now reed diffusers.  I am always behind on trend.

Honored Contributor

Re: Diffuser Oil aka Reed Diffuser or Ceramic Flowers oil?

I agree the reed diffusers don't last long, i have tried making my own but not much luck with doing that,i never heard of ceramic flower oil,got to look that up.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I agree that most diffusers don't emit much scent after awhile, except for NEST.   I order their diffusers when they go on sale,  and especially LOVE the grapefruit and Holiday scents.  I have had the Holiday scent in my powder room since Christmas and it's still going strong.  I flip the sticks once a week and the fragrance scents the entire area near my powder room

I have the grapefruit upstairs, and it's more subtle,  but the scent still lasts for longer than any other brands that i've tried.

Lori Grenier used to have little ceramic flowers with French Oils that were gorgeous and very long lasting.  Then she switched to the same thing made in the US, and unfortunately,  the quality suffered.  The oils were not as pretty or long lasting.  At that point she phased them out.   I used to give the original as gifts and EVERYONE loved them.

Esteemed Contributor

I am a fan of diffuser oils and use them throughout my home.

While I didn't think the scent traveled much, I found that it does.  If I am out for a bit, and return, I can smell the scents.

The key is to use large enough reeds in your container, and to have more than one container.  I think I might have 4 or 5 throughout the house.

Also, some scents throw better than others.  The one in my powder room is in a small space and has nice throw.

My home has 10 foot ceilings, so that also affects the throw.

I've stopped burning candles (too much soot even with shades or caps), plug ins occupy too many outlets and worry me.  In short, I've tried almost every type of product to scent my home and find diffusers are the safest and easiest method.

Respected Contributor

The reeds get clogged, you can buy new ones on the internet if you still have oil in your jar.  PS.  Some use Water Beads with difuser oils , you can find them on Amazon. 71YbMHqKY1L._SL1500_.jpg