Valued Contributor

Did anyone see the pictures of the celebrities at the Mets Gala yesterday?

The women really went out of their way to wear outrageous outifts (maybe that's what the gala is all about?).  Anyway, Lady Gaga was pretty 'out there' as she always is, but Madonna took the prize. She might as well have walked up the stairs stark naked. She left nothing much to the imagination.   

Honored Contributor

Re: Did anyone see the pictures of the celebrities at the Mets Gala yesterday?

• Yes, there is already a picture thread which was started yesterday.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

I like the Met Gala because it is totally about fashion. I liked  Claire Daines dress because it fit the theme. However it wasn't new. Carrie Underwood had a dress like that she performed in years ago. Madonna is just sad. She just can't step aside and let the young ones shine. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Trusted Contributor

No class.

Respected Contributor

@chihuahuamom wrote:

The women really went out of their way to wear outrageous outifts (maybe that's what the gala is all about?).  Anyway, Lady Gaga was pretty 'out there' as she always is, but Madonna took the prize. She might as well have walked up the stairs stark naked. She left nothing much to the imagination.   

They have to be some of the ugliest dresses I've ever seen. 

Honored Contributor

@chihuahuamom wrote:

@chihuahuamom

I read a blurb on the internet somewhere that Madonna deliberately went WAY out there to detract from her newly done plastic surgery ..... did you see her FACE???   No, probably not, because most people couldn't stop looking at that crazy outfit!

Respected Contributor

i also saw a mention on tv that madonna was dressed that way to honor prince.

i personally doubt that.  can't that girl ever put anything pretty on?

Trusted Contributor

Saw a picture of Madonna and thought she's trying way too hard to stay relevant. She should try aging gracefully instead of making a spectacle of herself -- it's kind of pathetic. 

Respected Contributor

@chihuahuamom wrote:

It's all about fashion and art so it's the one place you can go crazy and get away with it. Google Sarah Jessica Parker, she's always a stand-out. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Respected Contributor

@PurpleBunny wrote:

@chihuahuamom wrote:

It's all about fashion and art so it's the one place you can go crazy and get away with it. Google Sarah Jessica Parker, she's always a stand-out. 

SJP was criticized by some fashion blogger for her outfit and replied with the following:

"Got the memo. Always welcome thoughts but I'm a stickler for the theme and pay close attention to what it means. Every year with great consideration, research and conviction," she began.

"The understanding of man and machine, how they intersect, when and why is what we considered. Perhaps you weren't aware of the technology used in the details and embellishments of the design. Or perhaps you simply didn't like what I wore which is completely fine but you can't accuse me of not paying close attention and adhering to the theme. With respect and warmest regards, sj."

rs_634x1024-160502162428-634-Sarah-Jessica-Parker-MET-GALA-Arrivals-J1R-050216.jpg