Trusted Contributor

Re: Did anyone see Dr. Phil today?

On 2/26/2015 game-on said:

deb.... dr. phil.... he gives so much.... he has to have money to do it.... that is how I give him a pass for his pandering...

I agree that it was not needed, however.... and he pimps his wife's goodies and his son's goodies, too.... I guess when you are in front of an audience with your name on the show you can get away with it.

I hear you about needing the money to fix people so he has to do some pandering, although he makes way more than he needs to get along in this world. lol I usually do learn something from him and the people on the show so I watch now and then. The sweeps month has the best shows IMO. Today's was good.

He used to plug other projects of his and Robin's on Fridays and had a name for it... Friday something or other... I haven't heard what happened with her cosmetic line at HSN, have you?

Trusted Contributor

deb.... I didn't know she sold on HSN....

Trusted Contributor

On 2/26/2015 game-on said:

deb.... I didn't know she sold on HSN....

I just checked the HSN site and she's still selling there and her products have a good rating.

Dr. Phil really pushed her stuff on his shows. They did a show where they gave a woman an emotional makeover, and then surprised her with a physical makeover -- of course they went to a back room with ALL of Robin's face products prominently displayed. And then the audience all got a discovery kit for free. lol

Esteemed Contributor

Is this the one that was taken in because the bio mom didn't want her? Dr. Phil seems to have the same shows everyday where he sends people to some form of rehab. I'd like to be sent to the one in Texas. Anyway, the girl seems to lie about everything. I feel sorry for the sisters. The dad seemed disconnected and aloof about it all.

Esteemed Contributor

This girl needed counseling long ago, before the major issues, for her feelings of abandonment from her Bio mom.

Honored Contributor

I do think the family really tried to bring her up in their family feeling loved and included in every sense of the word. The parents, I'm sure, did overcompensate because her Mother, their daughter, was in prison and couldn't take care of her. I think it all went well until she became a teen ager, which is difficult in the best of circumstances. Being bi-racial, she probably convinced herself she didn't fit in with the family. it's very sad because looking at the parents and sisters, it's obvious how much they care. Like another poster said, she got a taste of just how horrific the real world, when you're all alone, can be. Her pride just wasn't going to admit it and ask for help and/or forgiveness. She's being given opportunity to make a change in her life, thanks to Dr. Phil, and I so hope for a happy ending for all of them. I also hope there's a follow up later on....
~H~
Esteemed Contributor

I don't think Dr. Phil is paying for any of these treatments out of his own pocket. He is giving these places free publicity. If one of my kids needed that kind of help, believe me, I would be calling/writing Dr. Phil until forever - or however long it took for him to put me on his show. I think he does great work in that area.

As for plugging Robin's stuff???? I could do without that. Also, his book. Enough already.....

Honored Contributor

I understand why the girl is a mess. She doesn't know her birth parents, feels she doesn't fit in anywhere as she is half white and half black, i.e., blacks don't accept her and neither do whites, seems strange in this day and age, but it happens. I think not knowing her birth parents has caused a feeling of worthlessness, abandonment, low self esteem. This happens a lot with adopted children, they go along fine until they reach a certain age, then they fall apart. Everyone wants/needs to know where they came from, and is why many adopted people begin searching for their birth parents when they reach the age of eighteen.

Maybe through therapy, she will be helped to find her birth parents, and whether that relationship works out or not, at least she will know the truth.

Trusted Contributor

deb....o/t.... you started another thread yesterday which got deleted.... my heart felt sick also.... seems we were on the same page about both things yesterday....

Esteemed Contributor

I don't watch his show. He is annoying. LOL