Esteemed Contributor

Re: Designer Antthony on HSN

@TuesdayTaylor, thanks for posting that picture. I had never seen a pic of him with the longer hair, in my viewing experience he's always had the super close cropped look. With the dreds, he's swoonable! My my my, put some of that on my plate, please, lol!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

I remember when he first came to HSN as Anthony Mark Hankins, he said he was mentored by YSL in Paris. He said as a child he would make clothes for his Mom, Mary, to wear. She was on the air with him a few times.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I remember when he first came to HSN as Anthony Mark Hankins, he said he was mentored by YSL in Paris. He said as a child he would make clothes for his Mom, Mary, to wear. She was on the air with him a few times.

I remember that, too!  His mom used to complain there were no nice clothes in larger sizes for going to church, so he started designing them for her and her church friends.  That really warmed my heart.

I'm glad he has gone on to make a career out of it Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I know, Maggie, I couldn't believe it either!  Smiley Happy  Smokin' hot!

Respected Contributor

I don't know anything about him but I bought a top that looked cute on TV.   When it arrived it looked and felt like a pajama top.  i wore it a couple of times and then gave it away.  No more purchases for me.

Trusted Contributor

I only have one top of his - just a black, long sleeve comfy top that I wear for lounging at home.  It's made of that same type of super-soft LOGO material and I love it.  I think it was called the "Highlander" - it might not be available anymore but it's longer in the back than in the front and Antthony said it was his most popular top in Europe.  It's a winner.  Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

I remember when he was first on HSN. I also remember him telling the story about his Mama and her not being able to find clothing in her size and the Church ladies, etc. It makes me happy to see he is still going strong.

I bought my one and only item from his line this past September when he had a TSV; it was a sweater coat and I fell in love with the lines of it. Ordered it and WOW! impressed with the workmanship!!!! Worth every penny. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

OMG!  I actually caught part of the show you're talking about.  I don't care for him or his clothing, but he sure has a following.  I was feeling sorry for the host having to work with him.  He acts so immature and silly I couldn't keep watching.  Is this guy on drugs, or is he truly childlike?  Very annoying, whatever it is. 

Respected Contributor

thanks for posting the picture of Antthony and his doll. I think he looked better with his dred locks in that photo.  He has a lot of followers, I didn't know his mom was a model for HSN.  He is a very interesting character with a big heart from the previous conversation here.  I was not host bashing as someone else mentioned, just making an observation about the designer so I hope no one else took it that way.  I think he is just a funny and very animated character.