Esteemed Contributor

HSN sold something that looked just like this "blade." It was 2 for about $20. I thought it would be great instead of eyebrow plucking. I used it for a while and then it quickly wasn't doing the job.

Respected Contributor

Harrys Razor...at Target for $9.99.  From England.  Fabulous

Honored Contributor

I have used razors and they were ok but I couldn't get close when near my lips or eyebrows.

For anyone interested in a MUCH cheaper device than this that works AMAZINGLY, go to ULTA and purchase the Panasonic Women's Facial Trimmer for $19.99 (20% off if you have their current coupon).

Reusable (you can wipe it down with alcohol after each use), lasts... well, I shave every few days and mine is going on 6 months with no issues.

Had I NOT known about the Panasonic, I WOULD have purchased the TSV. 

@febe1  I tried those also. Went back to my razor. Those blades cut me more often than not. The Panasonic was recommended to me by my stylist who also used to use razors. Once I tried it, I was WOW, WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!

Honored Contributor

I was watching at midnite about this tool--it looked like it was doing something---just saw the peach fuzz coming off but not really the layers of dead skin--maybe that is too fine to actually see on TV. But the models faces sure looked nice. I won't be buying it however, the once-only use of each blade was the deal breaker as well as the price.I use a clarisonic at night, and the Luna in the a.m. as well as exfoliate 2x a week. My skin looks just like the models---smooth and shiny--but do need to shave the peach fuzz occassionaly. I have one of those blades to do that; it is VERY sharp tho and have learned the hard way how to use it--a few cuts will teach you quick. Will be interested in hearing any reviews.

Honored Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

Why are you concerned what people are willing to spend their money on?  I am sure you make plenty of purchases (as do we all) that others find frivilous.

QVC is entitled to sell what they wish at whatever price they want, and we are free to buy or not.  That is how capitalism woks.

Why are you concerned about what I'm concerned about? QVC can sell what it wishes and QVC customers are free to offer their opinions on any of the merchandise. That's how free exchange in discussion works.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

Good grief. 

No matter how they spin it, it is $150 for a device that shaves your peachfuzz. It's a scalpel blade with Clarisonic thrown into the mix so it's "more" than a scalpel blade. It needs recharging. It has disposable blades that (supposedly) "cannot" be re-used, and three months worth costs $50 (including some "mandatory" soothing lotion you "must" use).

I cannot imagine spending that kind of money for something a $10 device you can buy in the drugstore will do *just as well*. Seriously. It's a razor. A razor is a razor is a razor. And then being conned into needing the "special" one-use-only "edges." Heaven forbid we should use the word blade.

No one can convince me that I wouldn't get the same results with a Finishing Touch or a disposable razor, some scrub, and $10 "soothing lotion" of my choice.

Well said and thanks for stating the obvious....or at least to me.