Valued Contributor

Re: Funny post by my daughter on her Facebook this morning

@LilacTree wrote:

I pushed my mouse all over this photo and nothing came up.  Therefore I thought it was safe to post.

Please tell me how to find my name on this photo, as I can't find it.

There is also no descriptive information under Properties.  Therefore, I thought it was safe to post.

If I answered how then anyone reading the thread would also know how.  Many already do know.  Perhaps someone will email the answer to you.

Honored Contributor

Marp2 wrote:

LilacTree wrote:

I pushed my mouse all over this photo and nothing came up.  Therefore I thought it was safe to post.

Please tell me how to find my name on this photo, as I can't find it.

There is also no descriptive information under Properties.  Therefore, I thought it was safe to post.

If I answered how then anyone reading the thread would also know how.  Many already do know.  Perhaps someone will email the answer to you.

Exactly, @Marp2

The most important thing right now would be to remove the image so those who  haven't already seen the personal info won't be able to do to, in my opinion.  I believe the original post can now be edited by the OP of each thread, so that could be accomplished pretty quickly.

hth, @LilacTree

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I right clicked my mouse on the photo and an option "view image information" does not come up.

Which browser are you using? 

Also I'm assuming you also responded to I am Still Ox Ox and several other posters who have posted full page photos with this important information.

I will look to see.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

LilacTree wrote:

I right clicked my mouse on the photo and an option "view image information" does not come up.

Which browser are you using? 

Also I'm assuming you also responded to I am Still Ox Ox and several other posters who have posted full page photos with this important information.

I will look to see.

I don't know if the "you" is me, but since your comment is immediately following mine I'll respond:

I've offered the same info to numerous posters (including you) before this.  Many of us have.  However, no one sees everyone's posts so we can't comment on all of them.  And many photos don't contain personal info (for example, they come from sites/accounts with privacy protection in place), so no comment needs to be made.

hth!Robot Happy

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I will remove the "offensive" photo when I see that I am identified on it.  If you feel it necessary to instruct everyone on how to find this information, feel free.

Shall I also remove my avator, since it is a photo of me, which the Q mods recommended we post?  Or is that one not offensive anymore?

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

If your daughter posted it on her FB, her name is the associated text.

Honored Contributor

LilacTree wrote:

I will remove the "offensive" photo when I see that I am identified on it.  If you feel it necessary to instruct everyone on how to find this information, feel free.

Shall I also remove my avator, since it is a photo of me, which the Q mods recommended we post?  Or is that one not offensive anymore?

With all due respect (and I do mean that genuinely), I'm not sure I understand.  We're trying to help.  We can see your daughter's name in the image info...  if you feel comfortable with everyone being able to do this, certainly that's your choice and no one is saying it isn't.  I thought we were merely trying to offer a heads up and help out.  I know the written word is often so inadequate, but I think if you re-read the thread you'll see we have only the best intent.

Honored Contributor

Oh I remember . . . many times.

I don't see my daughter's identification either.  What I do see is a very long page of programming language which if you can figure that out, then yes, you are far more advanced than I ever will be.

Thanks again for the warnings.  I really do appreciate hearing them.

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

I hit the Pintrest tab and the name of the owner came up, I did the same with mine and only and id number came up

@Marp2 wrote:

Thank was a lovely thought and a beautiful photo but do you realize that there is a name attached to the photo that can be readily seen by anyone that looks?

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LilacTree wrote:

Why must you be so rude when posters are only trying to help you? I know it's your daughter's name because you've referred to her by her first name. 

There is a big difference between the avatar QVC okayed and you copying a picture from FB.