Honored Contributor

He was fantastic in That Darn Cat! - we all watch it over and over again. One of our wedding presents (from one of the vet techs) was a Siamese kitten.  He was one of a kind, and he lived to be 19. We still miss him!

I always enjoyed seeing Mr. Jones in anything he did. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Dean Jones has passed away

OMGosh..........Was he the Dean who starred in Herbie the Love Bug movies?  I recently commented on a thread (a few months ago or so) re: our favorite actors years ago, and I believe I mentioned Dean Jones.  I do frequently 'mix up' Dean Stockwell with Dean Jones.  I believe Dean Jones is the one that I was always fond of when I was in my late teens/early twenties, more or less. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

OMGosh..........Was he the Dean who starred in Herbie the Love Bug movies?  I recently commented on a thread (a few months ago or so) re: our favorite actors years ago, and I believe I mentioned Dean Jones.  I do frequently 'mix up' Dean Stockwell with Dean Jones.  I believe Dean Jones is the one that I was always fond of when I was in my late teens/early twenties, more or less. 

Dean Jones did the Herbie movies.

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

He was. I think he also played a bad guy in the Beethoven movies. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My gosh........I had such a 'school-girl' type of crush on Dean Jones............For whatever reason, his personality and demeanor in those many movies was very attractive (to me).  Sort of nerdy/preppy/nice/humorous type of personality.  RIP, Mr. Jones.   .......... Makes me very sad.  Now I wish that I would have/could have written or emailed him a note, telling him how much I liked him, watching all of his very entertaining movies, etc.  Oh, well.  Too late now, as usual.  (Sad kitty Cat Sad)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

i also had a crush on him when i was growing up......of course he was MUCH older than me. Smiley Wink

may he rest in peace.

loved the herbie movies of course, under the yum yum tree (if you have not seen it it is very funny!), and he played kelly kapowskis grandfather in saved by the bell (the hawaiian movie).

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I was very, very young, I had a serious crush on Roy Rogers.  Actually sat down and figured how old he would be when I was 21, so I could marry him.  Forget about Dale, his wife.  My mom said that he would be 'way, way' too old for me, anyway. Wife or no wife. (Rolling eyes....)

Esteemed Contributor

RIP

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Super Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

When I was very, very young, I had a serious crush on Roy Rogers.  Actually sat down and figured how old he would be when I was 21, so I could marry him.  Forget about Dale, his wife.  My mom said that he would be 'way, way' too old for me, anyway. Wife or no wife. (Rolling eyes....)

Well "Happy Trails To You". He was my fav too. I actually got to shake hands with him when he came to our local State Fair.....I was about 10 at the time!

Trusted Contributor

I have no idea who he is. 

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In