Trusted Contributor

Re: Daytona 500 Anyone?

[ Edited ]

#3 in my heart, always. I lost my passion for the sport after Dale died...

But I love to watch the classic races and relive the thrill. Always tear up, though.

Honored Contributor

My #1 guy is now in the broadcast booth and is doing a great job.   Smiley Happy   So I'm going with JR, another favorite.  I was sorry to see Chase Elliott wreck early especially after sitting on the pole.  He'll be back.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

Old drivers of the past=Gentleman Bill Elliott. Drivers of this era=Penske Team/Brad Keselowski/Joey Logano. 

Raced only Ford Motor Cars and cheer for only Ford Motor Cars. Ain't breaking a pledge I made to myself when I started racing in 1956.

And some people say Race Car Drivers are not Athletes? Try bumper to bumper driving at 200mph. Lose focus for a fraction of a second? Could be a tragedy. Lose focus in the NFL or NBA?  Miss a pass or miss the hoop? And all this in a race car so hot you get blisters on your feet without moving them?

Got the DVR rolling for later tonight?

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

My #1 guy is now in the broadcast booth and is doing a great job.   Smiley Happy   So I'm going with JR, another favorite.  I was sorry to see Chase Elliott wreck early especially after sitting on the pole.  He'll be back.

I was hoping Chase Elliott would have a good race too.  The Hendrick drivers can't catch a break so far today.

Contributor

Penske Racing team is the greatest!

My son works for Roger.  Is executive Vice President for Penske Auto Group located in MI.  He works with Roger every day.Roger calls races every weekend.  Will call NSCAR on Sat and Open wheel SUnday. My son says working for Roger has been like getting an MBA!

Their offices have all the trophies and helmets plus photos in lobby....fabulous.

Hope they have a great season!

babe

Honored Contributor

It was a heck of a finish to the race. The closest finish ever. It's nice having Nascar back

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

We are NASCAR fans in my house as well.  Husband likes Tony Stewart; I'm a Jimmy Johnson fan.  

Honored Contributor

Move to Arizona.......we ALL drive like that !!!!!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

Old drivers of the past=Gentleman Bill Elliott. Drivers of this era=Penske Team/Brad Keselowski/Joey Logano. 

Raced only Ford Motor Cars and cheer for only Ford Motor Cars. Ain't breaking a pledge I made to myself when I started racing in 1956.

And some people say Race Car Drivers are not Athletes? Try bumper to bumper driving at 200mph. Lose focus for a fraction of a second? Could be a tragedy. Lose focus in the NFL or NBA?  Miss a pass or miss the hoop? And all this in a race car so hot you get blisters on your feet without moving them?

Got the DVR rolling for later tonight?

hckynut(john)

Wow John--didn't know you were such an athlete!!  Glad to hear you're a Ford guy....

Respected Contributor

Re: Daytona 500 Anyone?

[ Edited ]

I wasn't surprised at all to see Jeff Gordan in a suit with a microphone!  It really must be hard to go from a driver to a commentator.  You have to change your whole perspective.  One must give all the drivers the same treatment, not play favorites with former teammates, like all cars equally (Ford, Chevy, Toyota), etc., etc.  I think Jeff did a super job for a first timer!!!