Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@BrattyOne2 @Just got back from Costco where I made a point of spreading laughter and kindness in your honor....got to admit that I think I benefitted the most cause I had the best time.People chatted with me and made a point of returning all of my smiles..sooo great.

@dex❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

@BrattyOne2   You are the brightest star in the sky, for sure.  One very wonderful young lady.  Kudos to you.

You will go far, with your uplifting attitude.  There are a couple of very positive threads on here most everyday.  Look for the positive thoughts thread and the 60's ladies (under beauty).  As I mentioned to another poster, we don't care if you're young, old, tall, short, man, woman -- we want positive and that's what all of those thread contributors strive to do.

So sorry you have lost your Mother, but I can tell you, she is watching you everyday and grinning from ear to ear.  You certainly had a wonderful teacher and you will make an outstanding Mother one day.

It is an honor to meet you!!  I lift a cup to toast, 'cheers to YOU'.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@BrattyOne2   Let me just also say, I would be so proud to call you my 'daughter-in-law'.  If you're wondering, I have two single sons.Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

Re: Day of Positivity

[ Edited ]

@BrattyOne2  one of my favorite people is Barb Marley. I know his children, his Mom and he was a great inspiration to me...he was always positive soul and I miss him when he passed. I lived IN jamaica for a time and the peoples taught me much about positive energy and being humble. One of my fav Bob quotes:

Who are you to judge the Life I live? I know I not perfect and I dont live to be, But, before you start pointing fingers, make sure you hands are clean...Bob Marley

Frequent Contributor

@3suwm5 wrote:

@BrattyOne2   Let me just also say, I would be so proud to call you my 'daughter-in-law'.  If you're wondering, I have two single sons.Woman LOL

@3suwm5

You made me laugh.  As honored as i would be to have a Mother-in-law, I'm really focused on school right now and just don't have the time to put into a relationship.  I'll be graduating in May and then heading to get my Masters.  I'm studying child psychology.

Maybe one day, I'll run into one of your sons! Heart

I LIVE MY LIFE. I don't dwell on the criticisms of those who don't understand me.
Trusted Contributor

Good for you.  I wish you the best of luck in your grad. school endeavor.

We have 1 son that just graduated with a PhD, so I am familiar with how intense the focus needs to be.

If our sons could be so lucky.Smiley Happy

Go get 'em, sweet thing.

Esteemed Contributor

How wonderful, you are studying child psychology! No matter what you do in life, you will be making a positive difference to those who need it the most. You are already making a difference, though.

I can tell from reading your posts, you are a very wise young woman. Good luck to you. With your attitude you will go far.

Valued Contributor

@BrattyOne2

You are a special soul.  Thank you for your post, your outlook, your attitude.  Hugs to you.

If you would like brief reading away from your studies, you may enjoy Buddist Bootcamp.  Don't let the title scare you.  It is a gem.

Frequent Contributor

@sassenach1 wrote:

@BrattyOne2

You are a special soul.  Thank you for your post, your outlook, your attitude.  Hugs to you.

If you would like brief reading away from your studies, you may enjoy Buddist Bootcamp.  Don't let the title scare you.  It is a gem.

@sassenach1

It's an awesome book.  Read it a couple of years ago....one of my favorite passages is, "Abuse is never justified, and it's only when we don't love ourselves enough that we allow others to treat us with disrespect."

I LIVE MY LIFE. I don't dwell on the criticisms of those who don't understand me.
Valued Contributor

@BrattyOne2 wrote:

@sassenach1 wrote:

@BrattyOne2

@sassenach1

It's an awesome book.  Read it a couple of years ago....one of my favorite passages is, "Abuse is never justified, and it's only when we don't love ourselves enough that we allow others to treat us with disrespect."

SO glad you've read it. It is an awesome book!  (((HUGS)))