Honored Contributor

@BrattyOne2 , I came here today feeling sad, despondent.   Your post, and your thread, give me hope and you and the other posters comfort my spirit.❤️   My father passed away when I was 17, and my mother was very young when she died.   Although we can't exactly walk in someone else's shoes, we can feel empathy so I think I know at least some of what you feel.  

I've long been a proponent of taking the time to be kind, compassionate, and respectful toward others.   A sad trend today is to boast of and give excuses for harsh, hurtful, sarcastic words (etymology of "sarcastic" is to rip or tear flesh), boasting of "telling it like it is," "shooting from the hip," or being "brutally honest."   Since people love to use the term "PC," I'll say it's become "PC" to mock and try to discredit those who take the kind approach, as though somehow that's something for which to be embarrassed.   It's not hard to be brash, blunt, hurtful...  it's quite easy to take that low road.   People sometimes confuse kindness with weakness...  some of the strongest, bravest people are those who take the time to express themselves in a respectful manner so all parties can walk away with their dignity intact.  ("Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy.”~Sir Isaac Newton)

Thank you, again, for giving us all such an inspirational, uplifting discussion.    I have absolutely no doubt your mom was, and is, brilliantly, glowingly proud of you.    For what it's worth, I am proud of you, too.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Frequent Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

You are such a wise young lady!! I'm so sorry that you lost your mom at such a tender age.You seem to have all the tools you need to navigate through life!! I hope you have a support system backing you up!!

Thank you for reminding us all that life is what you make of it.We can all benefit from a kinder gentler world.

"What the world needs now is love sweet love.That's the only thing that there's just to little of".

Good luck to you.Something tells me that there are great things ahead for you!!  Your dear mother will be beside you every step of the way!!

@NicksmomESQ

I am so lucky to have such an amazing and supportive group that surrounds me.  Sometimes we all get so wrapped up in the drama of life that we forget to live.  I decided years ago ( I know, not that many years ago) to live my life with kindness towards everyone I meet.  There were times I never allowed the people I met to know how much my heart was aching while my Mom was sick, but so many people showed me kindness and love.  It's something I've never forgotten.  I know there are people out there that don't allow us to see their pain or maybe it's physical pain that we can never see, a small amount of kindness can make such a huge difference in their lives and it doesn't have to cost us anything.

I hope you have an amazing week! 

I LIVE MY LIFE. I don't dwell on the criticisms of those who don't understand me.
Honored Contributor

My wish for all of you.

"May you find serenity and tranquility in a world you may not always understand.

May the pain you have known and the conflict you have experienced give you the strength to walk through life facing each new situation with optimism and courage.

Always know that there are those whose love and understanding will always be there, even when you feel most alone.

May you discover enough goodness in others to believe in a world of peace.

May a kind word, a reassuring touch, a warm smile be yours every day of your life, and may you give these gifts as well as receive them.

Remember the sunshine when the storm seems unending.

Teach love to those who know hate, and let that love embrace you as you go into the world.

May the teaching of those you admire become part of you, so that you may call upon them.

Remember, those whose lives you have touched and who have touched yours are always a part of you, even if the encounters were less than you would have wished.

May you not become too concerned with material matters, but instead place immeasurable value on the goodness in your heart.

Find time in each day to see the beauty and love in the world around you.

Realize that each person has limitless abilities, but each of us is different in our own way.

What you may feel you lack in one regard may be more than compensated for in another.

What you feel you lack in the present may become one of your strengths in the future.

May you see your future as one filled with promise and possibility.

Learn to view everything as a worthwhile experience.

May you find enough inner strength to determine your own worth by yourself, and not be dependent on an other's judgments of your accomplishments.

May you always feel loved."

(Sandra Sturtz Hauss)

❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Frequent Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

@BrattyOne2 wrote:

Okay, so I'm 21 and to most people would think my life is very simple.  I should have it easy with no worries.  I wish that were true.  I think the old saying you never know until you walk a day in that person's shoes is so true....or a walk my path for a day.

I really struggle to keep my life positive.  I lost my Mom a few days after I turned 18 to cancer.  I just see so much negativity in the world and am hoping that people on the board will join me in turning today into a day of positivity.  A day of not finding reasons to complain, criticize, or to just be a downer.  Let's try and post something positive that will lift others up.

One of my favorite quotes is, "Kindness is not an act, it's a lifestyle."  It is something I strive for every single day of my life.  Who are you going to show kindness to today?

If you can't think of someone to do it for, please do it for me.  I really need to see that people still have good hearts.

Now you're talking sweetie.  Being negative can really pull a person down.  I too struggled with that for many years.  I will be 77 in May.  And with that I have to stay positive every day.  I have been struggling with cancer for 2 years now, and am going to have to be on my treatments the rest of my life.....  There is no room for being negative in my life any more.  Yes, I do have some down days, but more up now and intend to keep it that way. 

Will keep you in my prayers.  Stay strong....and positive.....

@ShowMe

You will be in my daily thoughts and my heart.  Life is such a beautiful gift and yes it should be treasured but will should all live it to our fullest ability.  Biggest of hugs and love to you.  I know with a positive heart and much love, whatever comes your way you will deal accomplish with grace and love. 

Please know that there are so many here that will continue to hold you in their thoughts, hearts and prayers. Heart

I LIVE MY LIFE. I don't dwell on the criticisms of those who don't understand me.
Honored Contributor

@Stormygirl wrote:

@BrattyOne2  can I tell you that YOU made a difference in my day? Yes I came here online today and had tears running down my face... came upon reading your message I smiled alittle. See Im rapidly losing my battle with this darn painful illness, am in alot of pain. Im hours or days from having to go to the hospital but am stalling. I often wonder about the future for those who will be living in it........and you have given me a sigh and hope. I can rest better knowing there are kind people like yourself, young, bright and caring who will spread that kindness far and wide. I have tried to spread it as far as I can.......please carry on the torch of positivity and kindness. You are an inspiration to me. Hugsssssss xoxoxoxoxo Stormy

(((@Stormygirl))), I weep reading your post.   I would give anything to come to you and give you a gentle hug.   I wonder if you know how much of an inspiration you have been, and are, to so many of us.   I wonder if you realize you are loved, admired, cherished.   Sometimes we don't know these things because others forget to tell us.   Please know you have a safe place in many loving hearts and in many daily prayers.   Thank you for the gift of your courage and your presence here.❤️

Frequent Contributor

Re: Day of Positivity

[ Edited ]

@Stormygirl wrote:

@BrattyOne2  can I tell you that YOU made a difference in my day? Yes I came here online today and had tears running down my face... came upon reading your message I smiled alittle. See Im rapidly losing my battle with this darn painful illness, am in alot of pain. Im hours or days from having to go to the hospital but am stalling. I often wonder about the future for those who will be living in it........and you have given me a sigh and hope. I can rest better knowing there are kind people like yourself, young, bright and caring who will spread that kindness far and wide. I have tried to spread it as far as I can.......please carry on the torch of positivity and kindness. You are an inspiration to me. Hugsssssss xoxoxoxoxo Stormy

@Stormygirl

I am so sorry to hear that life has you struggling.  Battling an illness at times can leave us feeling overwhelmed.  You have a fighting spirit and it's that spirit that will keep you going.  I wish I could wave my wand and make everything easier for you.  Whatever happens, know that you have touched many lives and each of those lives will continue to touch lives. 

I will keep you in my heart and thoughts.  I know many from here will be keeping you close in their thoughts and prayers.  Your journey in life continues.  Keep fighting! Heart

Frequent Contributor

@happycat wrote:

@BrattyOne2 , you are absolutely correct. I am so sorry about your mom, and I am sure she would be very proud of you.

I think we all need to remember that we just don't know what anyone else is going thru, like you say. I know from experience that a kind word or a bit of encouragement can make all the difference in someones life.

Hope you have a great day, and thanks for giving this board a bit of positivity this morning Smiley Happy

@happycat

Thank you.  I miss my Mom so much and there are so many things I've accomplished that I would have loved for her to see.  I know she's always with me in spirit.  Just wish she would have been physcially with me a little longer. 

I think there are days when we need a smalll reminder that life is amazing and sharing kindness doesn't cost us anything.

Have an amazing week!

Honored Contributor

Re: Day of Positivity

[ Edited ]

@BrattyOne2

GIRL POWER!!!!!!  

You keep on keepin' on and make everyone in your life....including you, PROUD.  You will surely do wonderful things.  Never ever give up!!!!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of inappropriate word

Honored Contributor

@BrattyOne2 @Just got back from Costco where I made a point of spreading laughter and kindness in your honor....got to admit that I think I benefitted the most cause I had the best time.People chatted with me and made a point of returning all of my smiles..sooo great.